joxey
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

ThAt is probably a little better for me and GC than you but that rarely happens

I would say that happens more so then in most years as these system have  trended east in the past, But this pattern we have been in has been conducive for more of these types of systems if they don't cut

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Far SE sections may have trouble . For now a model /ensemble approach is preferred. 

Sensible weather wise there's a decent concensus between GFS/GGEM/EURO and if you blend them it's very close to the 18z GFS.    Still a long way out but not bad blend of the models right now.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah not as heavy as EURO but nice moderate event...wouldn't complain.  Further east and it becomes a problem for me and the western Mass crowd lol.

If you could get it to wrap up sooner it looked like the precip field is fairly broad but pretty much speculation at this point

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Couldnt care less about minor details because it looks very active. "Close the shades" is short sided, premature.

+1. Pretty good weenie run on the GFS, TT prints out 1-3' over 10 days most anywhere north of MA and over 1000'. (Better than 70˚ this time last year.)

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

If you could get it to wrap up sooner it looked like the precip field is fairly broad but pretty much speculation at this point

The trough axis is pretty far west, but it's also very progressive.  The progressiveness makes me wonder about the EURO solution as much if there's enough time to ramp up that much.  

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What is it with these forecasts of  closing the shades and need things to change on said model run .  What happened to looking at ensembles, blending? 

Does the Euro "blend" with the GFS?.  What exactly does that even mean?  All your weenieing is the solution that gives you the best possible outcome which is not always the solution.

18z GEFs looked like garbage FYI for SNE with the upcoming threat. Secondary doesn't develop until it's on top of us.  Primary is 1/2 way between the GLs and Hudson Bay.

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We just don't understand these forecasts of  closing the shades and need things to change on said model run .  What happened to looking at ensembles, blending? 

You realize a blend sucks for you too right? Blend whatever products you want, it still isn't a good look

Archived