Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

8 hours ago, snywx said:

Mutuals allow members to work 2-3 days a week. In FDNY-EMS we do 16/16/8 and off anywhere from 5-7 days. New schedule being piloted is gonna give 210 hrs of built in OT plus an extra 53 days off a yr. 

I do mutual swaps a lot, I'll go to work 6 days straight without coming home, then I'm off 8.... it's rough but well worth it, saves a lot of vacation time, as our time accrues and isn't just a yearly thing

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had one holiday wish this holiday season it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.  If I had two wishes that I could make this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in harmony and the second would be for a two foot snowstorm for the entire northeast in each month of the winter season.  Ya know if I had three wishes that I could make this holiday season the first would be of course all of the children to sing, the second would be for the two foot snow storms and the third would be for just enough cold air to sustain the snowpack all winter long.  And if I had four wishes this holiday season the first would be the crap about the kids, definitely, second would be for the nor’easters, third the snowpack, the fourth would be for everyone to not be so defensive  and cranky when the weather doesn’t go their way.  Wait a minute, maybe that defensive cranky thing should be the first wish because the pattern could still suck tomorrow and then what do you got, you know?  No, no, the kids, the kids singing would be great, that would be nice.  Wait a minute who am I kidding, they’re not going to be able to get all those kids together, I mean the logistics of the thing is impossible, its more trouble than its worth.  So we reorganize, first the defensive cranky thing, we go with that, second the nor’easters, then the snowpack and then my last wish of course would be for all of the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

5 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

If I had one holiday wish this holiday season it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.  If I had two wishes that I could make this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in harmony and the second would be for a two foot snowstorm for the entire northeast in each month of the winter season.  Ya know if I had three wishes that I could make this holiday season the first would be of course all of the children to sing, the second would be for the two foot snow storms and the third would be for just enough cold air to sustain the snowpack all winter long.  And if I had four wishes this holiday season the first would be the crap about the kids, definitely, second would be for the nor’easters, third the snowpack, the fourth would be for everyone to not be so defensive  and cranky when the weather doesn’t go their way.  Wait a minute, maybe that defensive cranky thing should be the first wish because the pattern could still suck tomorrow and then what do you got, you know?  No, no, the kids, the kids singing would be great, that would be nice.  Wait a minute who am I kidding, they’re not going to be able to get all those kids together, I mean the logistics of the thing is impossible, its more trouble than its worth.  So we reorganize, first the defensive cranky thing, we go with that, second the nor’easters, then the snowpack and then my last wish of course would be for all of the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

Haha nice. I think I'd rather the money and for all my enemies to burn in hell and the crap about the kids singing of course

Christmas blizzard in the Dakotas. And this is after a layer of freezing rain in some parts

...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM CST /5 AM MST/
SUNDAY TO NOON CST /11 AM MST/ MONDAY...

* TIMING...CHRISTMAS MORNING THROUGH MONDAY MORNING.

* SNOW...HEAVY...8 TO 12 INCHES WITH SOME 15 INCH AMOUNTS.

* WINDS/VISIBILITY...AS HIGH AS 55 MPH WINDS COMBINED WITH
  FALLING SNOW RESULTING IN A BLIZZARD. SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND
  DRIFTING SNOW.

* IMPACTS...DANGEROUS IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE TRAVEL. SOME BLOCKED
  ROADS.

Happy holidays to all. 

I was finally able to find verification scores for all the models and ensembles. The EPS is the undisputed king beyond 120 hrs.

It's interesting that the OP GFS can beat the OP Euro days 8-10. Very impressive  how much better the Euro ensembles are

than the OP longer range. We see this frequently with the OP Euro being an outlier among the ensembles.

C0Xqw0cUcAMETUV.jpg-small.jpg

16 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Happy holidays to all. 

I was finally able to find verification scores for all the models and ensembles. The EPS is the undisputed king beyond 120 hrs.

It's interesting that the OP GFS can beat the OP Euro days 8-10. Very impressive  how much better the Euro ensembles are

than the OP longer range. We see this frequently with the OP Euro being an outlier among the ensembles.

C0Xqw0cUcAMETUV.jpg-small.jpg

And what is the EPS onto currently?

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Excuse my ignorance here but can you elaborate on this?  I find different customs and such interesting. For my family Christmas is a multiday affair focused on the 24th-25th. Merry Christmas. 

To be honest I'm not 100% sure but I see alot of Hispanics celebrate it on the 24th. Noche Buena as it's called. I personally think it's so the kids can get their gifts at the strike of midnight instead of waiting til the morning lol

1 hour ago, Googlymoogly said:

And what is the EPS onto currently?

It's BN at 2 M days 8 thru 15 .

There's a 3 day ridge in the middle of the first come and go cold shot and by day 14 and 15 its being pushed and the cold will win out .

CFS shows all of TWO BELOW NORMAL DAYS out of the next 30 now, and one of them is near NYD.   The cold air is always 2 weeks even after 2 weeks has passed.   W/O a SSWE in early January, I would predict just a few winterlike anomalous events will occur like last year-if we get lucky and the atmosphere gets drunk and has an accident.    30" snowstorm,  first zero-sub-zero day in 22 years----both out of character for last winter's motif. 

12 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

CFS shows all of TWO BELOW NORMAL DAYS out of the next 30 now, and one of them is near NYD.   The cold air is always 2 weeks even after 2 weeks has passed.   W/O a SSWE in early January, I would predict just a few winterlike anomalous events will occur like last year-if we get lucky and the atmosphere gets drunk and has an accident.    30" snowstorm,  first zero-sub-zero day in 22 years----both out of character for last winter's motif. 

The 30" snowstorm made sense in the el nino. This year we'll have to hope for a 4 to 8" event or two

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived