Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Still no snow but this is easily my biggest wind event for the season here. Just had a gust to 73! That's coming from an ultrasonic wind sensor that's usually dead on. My house is pretty sturdy but that one rocked it good. Strange because nothing else has been above the mid-50's. 

Joe,

What kind of station are you sporting at your place?  I'm looking to upgrade some of my technology here in Dahlonega.  Thanks!

Jason

33 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Joe,

What kind of station are you sporting at your place?  I'm looking to upgrade some of my technology here in Dahlonega.  Thanks!

Jason

Jason, I bought the Orion system from Columbia a little over a year ago. I love it and highly recommend it. Never a problem and you'll love the software.

https://columbiaweather.com/products/weather-stations/fixed-base/orion-weather-station/

6 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Jason, I bought the Orion system from Columbia a little over a year ago. I love it and highly recommend it. Never a problem and you'll love the software.

https://columbiaweather.com/products/weather-stations/fixed-base/orion-weather-station/

Nice.  Thanks!

Hey just saw a few snow flurries here in North wilkesboro area outside my porch and it stopped for now but may do it again later tonight.. looks good to me though how many of you live in Boone and is it expensive to live up there I myself am born here in NC born in statesville. But would love to live up in boone 

Off and on here. Dusting at the most. Flow looks awful flat to me right now. Orientation and trajectory are wrong. Maybe that'll change later, who knows.  You can clearly see there's not much lake connection, just sucking what moisture it can out of the air. Those tend to dry up pretty quick.  

But I'll disclaim, I know nothing about forecasting, I'm an obs poster only!!! ^_^

8 minutes ago, Bob2016 said:

Hey just saw a few snow flurries here in North wilkesboro area outside my porch and it stopped for now but may do it again later tonight.. looks good to me though how many of you live in Boone and is it expensive to live up there I myself am born here in NC born in statesville. But would love to live up in boone 

I hope you get a big snow this year Bob. I don't know why, but I do.:snowing:

Hey I don't know nothing about forecasting either but had flurries while ago just now heard we will get heavy snow in my area tonight around 20minutes from now coming in from Jefferson NC NW area so it's kicking in out there.dont worry if you don't anything about forecasting on weather your fine.

3 minutes ago, Bob2016 said:

Hey I don't know nothing about forecasting either but had flurries while ago just now heard we will get heavy snow in my area tonight around 20minutes from now coming in from Jefferson NC NW area so it's kicking in out there.dont worry if you don't anything about forecasting on weather your fine.

Thanks Man. I needed that.

46 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Off and on here. Dusting at the most. Flow looks awful flat to me right now. Orientation and trajectory are wrong. Maybe that'll change later, who knows.  You can clearly see there's not much lake connection, just sucking what moisture it can out of the air. Those tend to dry up pretty quick.  

But I'll disclaim, I know nothing about forecasting, I'm an obs poster only!!! ^_^

Yeah that's what I was thinking. We are getting some light very light snow but the trajectory is off for prime upslope.

30 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

Doesn't seem to impressive to me either but Brad P was really harping about how this is as good of a NWFS setup as you can get and that was just a few hours ago on a FB live video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh I disagree with that. It may be that there is just not a lot if moisture in the air. The trajectory seems off to me.

Getting ready to go snow hunting again this morning. Radar returns are lighting up just to my west in the usual sweet spots. Going to take route 40 west again except this time heading to Cape Gap just at the crest of Bent Mountain on 221. Good luck to all on getting in on some flakes today hopefully with accumulation.:snowing:

Archived