Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Why? Still the biggest snow of the season.

I'm still going to go but as a broke college student I really can't make up a good reason to spend $40 in gas to see an 1" of snow. But It'll be worth it just to see some snow fall

2 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Hmmm...after looking at slope cams, I may be going to Beech instead of Sugar...Sugar doesn't look good right now.

I went last week with family that came up for the holidays. A lot of corn and ice. Until they can blow enough to cover it I'm afraid most will be that way. I still have fun no matter the conditions though.

7 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

I went last week with family that came up for the holidays. A lot of corn and ice. Until they can blow enough to cover it I'm afraid most will be that way. I still have fun no matter the conditions though.

Luckily, I'm planning on doing just the night skiing tonight to save money, so they should have the guns going a couple of hours before that session starts, so it should help some. Gonna be a blizzard on the slopes with the man made combining with the natural.

3 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Haven't made it to the end of the 12z yet, but next weeks system looks good on that particular run for the northern mountains.

Looks very promising. Stays snow most of the time until at the tail end some sleet. Feeling pretty confident we will cash in next weekend 

1 hour ago, AsheCounty48 said:

i'll take it and run. (Granted this includes tonigh't as well) Interested if the euro bends or stays with its past few runs.

JAN system.png

Where is north wilkesboro on this map.. hmm I couldn't pin point it exactly it doesn't show city area on it..

It's okay just curious

I like tonight for snow showers across most of WNC above 2200'. Already have some convective showers popping up across the mountains with the sun beaming down and temps in the low 40's. Seeing some flurries here already in Weaverville. I think Asheville could see a dusting from this and the higher mountains get 2"-4"+. I'll be out chasing tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Hmmm...after looking at slope cams, I may be going to Beech instead of Sugar...Sugar doesn't look good right now.

Beech looked like a war zone at the base today, to many people.  I always prefer Beech, but that was before the new six pack and slope at Sugar.  I'll be headed to Cat tomorrow night and Wolf Saturday since I'm spending new years in Asheville.

Here is the RGEM 12z, lets hope its at least this much.  Webcams aren't showing much yet.

rgem_asnow_seus_8.png

7 minutes ago, J.C. said:

Beech looked like a war zone at the base today, to many people.  I always prefer Beech, but that was before the new six pack and slope at Sugar.  I'll be headed to Cat tomorrow night and Wolf Saturday since I'm spending new years in Asheville.

Here is the RGEM 12z, lets hope its at least this much.  Webcams aren't showing much yet.

rgem_asnow_seus_8.png

I prefer sugar nowadays.  That new slope plus the 5 million lift they installed last year is amazing. 

4 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

I prefer sugar nowadays.  That new slope plus the 5 million lift they installed last year is amazing. 

So gunthers run is awesome?

I wish sugar would do a night pass like Winterplace, WV and Cat.  $700 is absurd for a pass.  I only paid $600 for my epic local pass for the Vail resorts.

Archived