Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Fall Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nice...you guys got porked this summer it seems but are making up for it.  Been wet out this way but we missed that big like 3-6" rainer in the October event.

Mother Nature loves her averages.

It had been pretty dry up until the last 2 weeks for sure, It all avg's out in the long run

The view from the supermarket.... going to Shaws has some benefits.

MMNV1 COOP showing 1.5" new snow and depth at 4"... officially it never melted out up high so far.  Snow accumulations never quite reached the office today at 1,500ft...lowest I saw was around 1,700ft with a coating on the ground.  We'll see if the upper mountain snow can survive next week after a couple more rounds of snow showers from deep layer NW flow this weekend.

14940107_10102720875904740_6029282743408

21 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

lawn looks lush.

lol

13 hours ago, powderfreak said:

The view from the supermarket.... going to Shaws has some benefits.

MMNV1 COOP showing 1.5" new snow and depth at 4"... officially it never melted out up high so far.  Snow accumulations never quite reached the office today at 1,500ft...lowest I saw was around 1,700ft with a coating on the ground.  We'll see if the upper mountain snow can survive next week after a couple more rounds of snow showers from deep layer NW flow this weekend.

14940107_10102720875904740_6029282743408

Nice shot.

6 hours ago, adk said:

Woke up to some light snow falling in BTV. Accumulating (sorta) on cars and garage roofs. Nice surprise. 

Been a little bit of everything over here... woke up with snow grains on the car (that stuff that pools at the bottom of your windshield) and then ended up having some freezing drizzle for a while that actually iced my car over.

Now just rain down here in town and looks like snow levels are pretty high up ahead of this shortwave (2500-3000ft).

Huge flakes on the summit webcam right now though.

Nov_5_zpssy6lwx1b.gif

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

36F -SHRA

Yeah what a raw cold day... we've been inverted most of the day with temps in the low 40s up at 1,500ft while its been mid-30s down in the village.  I think MVL's high so far is 37F.

The inversion has been very clearly visible all day with a shallow fog bank sitting on the gradient near 1,200ft.

2L8A7748_edited-2_zpsjrusrqmr.jpg

Event totals: 0.1” Snow/0.03” L.E.

I saw that adk noted the morning accumulation in Burlington – it was also the first accumulation of the month here at our site in Waterbury.  Based on the BTV NWS forecast discussion, this latest precipitation is from a shortwave trough that moved into the area overnight.  We picked up 0.04” from the shortwave that came through the area yesterday, 0.01” of liquid in the form of snow/graupel from the new shortwave as of observations time this morning, and 0.02” of additional liquid from that shortwave today.

Details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.1 inches

New Liquid: 0.01 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 10.0

Snow Density: 10.0% H2O

Temperature: 30.9 F

Sky: Cloudy

Snow at the stake: Trace

1 minute ago, #NoPoles said:

just wanted to let you NNE peeps know I finally woke up to "crap, I didn't budget enough time in my morning routine to scrape the frost off my windshield and not be late to work" 

First time this season I had frost on my windshield. All the grass was frosted. 

I love me my remote start:whistle:

Archived