Newest Member
    joxey
Hermine

LakeEffectKing

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wxmx said:

You can see the potential LLC, south of the center fixes (south of the "Pinar del Rio Knoll" legend)

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 4.55.12 PM.png

That is interesting. Wonder if a LLC can actually form there. If you take that spot to be the true center for a hypothetical second, TD9 is looking better and better on satellite.

1 minute ago, CoastalBecs said:

That is interesting. Wonder if a LLC can actually form there. If you take that spot to be the true center for a hypothetical second, TD9 is looking better and better on satellite.

Only if the parent and more defined llc to the north dies off and the one further south takes hold. 

Just now, Inudaw said:

Only if the parent and more defined llc to the north dies off and the one further south takes hold. 

Exactly. Is that even possible at this time? If the northern one can remain convection free, then it could be possible but I wouldn't bet on it at this time.

6 minutes ago, Inudaw said:

Right. But with the now almost fully exposed main LLC which is experiencing shear around 20+kts and the potential new LLC under the heaviest convection, almost vertically stacked with the MLC and with shear around 10-15 kts, that outcome is looking more and more likely.

2 minutes ago, wxmx said:

Right. But with the now almost fully exposed main LLC which is experiencing shear around 20+kts and the potential new LLC under the heaviest convection, almost vertically stacked with the MLC and with shear around 10-15 kts, that outcome is looking more and more likely.

If that happened I would guess the TD would encounter less shear and  make it further west into the Gulf and the re curve would be more towards the Panhandle.  Kind of interesting.  Wish it was not about to get dark.

I'm no met but live down here, so this comes with a grain of salt, no real science, but years of watching my back door closely.

If the LLC and MLC reform south as one, as it seems they may be trying to do, then it also seems we have about 24 more hours of friendly environment for a better organized storm, and for me a lesser chance of cleaning up the yard on Friday (more west, less wind here) ....

Just tossing this out there - please don't bludgeon me if I'm mistaken   :~)

Just now, WeatherFan202 said:

Do you think the change could be significant at all.

Just look at satellite. If the primary LLC is indeed decaying and a new one form just north of the western Cuban coast under the deep convection, then it is already formidable in formation just to begin with.

4 minutes ago, WeatherFan202 said:

Do you think the change could be significant at all.

If it decreases shear .. probably some greater upward potential for strength.       I don't think it means too much for further impact once further north given the shear will increase again once it approaches florida.     Could swing further west before turning more sharply east and land fall MIGHT get displaced further south. 

Least likely outcome...  so far south it gets stuck in gulf.   Not predicting this though. 

23 minutes ago, cmasty1978 said:

a new LLC will definitely make a difference, but the idea that the <50nm between them makes some game changing difference in terms of shear is suspect, IMO

It's around 70 nm and the shear gradient is very steep in that area 5 to 20+kts in 160 nm
wg8shr.GIF

31 minutes ago, Inudaw said:

If it decreases shear .. probably some greater upward potential for strength.       I don't think it means too much for further impact once further north given the shear will increase again once it approaches florida.     Could swing further west before turning more sharply east and land fall MIGHT get displaced further south. 

Least likely outcome...  so far south it gets stuck in gulf.   Not predicting this though. 

There have been a few rogue ensemble members sort of missing the weakness/trough and tracking the system much farther west in the Gulf but the overall consensus on a sharp northeastward turn seems pretty good.

• wxmx unpinned this topic

Archived