• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread Part 2

Rjay

Lee Goldberg has 1-3" for NYC and most coastal areas (less than 1" far eastern LI, south Jersey Shore). Mentioned colder conditions on Fri than some models are showing. But honestly, good luck to anyone who has to make a snow forecast right now. Could be 1" in the city if the CCB is crap and we don't cool down, to half a foot or more if it really goes off. 

The differences in amounts between these news outlets gets ridiculous and is probably the reason why so many people get caught offguard by these storms. Every news station wants to be the best when the ultimate goal should be to come up with the most accurate forecast for the public in terms of snowfall amounts. I mean you have one station calling for 3-6" while another is calling for 8-12" for the same area, to me that is a big difference which has happened plenty of times in the past.. Not everyone will channel through to see the forecasts for different stations and most usually watch only one news outlet. 

I really think there needs to be more and better coordination and communication IMO.

• Like 1

Ed Vallee | Vallee Wx ConsultingVerified account @EdValleeWx 6m6 minutes ago

2:00 PM snowfall update: Took a stab at where I think heavier amounts could end up, but mesoscale banding will be tough to pinpoint. Overall, a sizable snowfall from the Poconos and Lehigh Valley in eastern PA, northeastward through the Hudson Valley and much of New England!

image.png.40f602df9cbe95e57e262b5c2736da24.png

• 2 weeks later...

these local weatherman in the city are clueless especially on the radio saying during the height of the storms roads will be wet and slushy..the last storm where we got just over 3 inches in the city with warmer temps here in upper manhattan when it came down hard the sidewalks and the streets were snow covered..and that was after a inch of heavy precip only...