• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

Do people in Minnesota complain similarly about winter cold? Something along the lines of saying "Ugh...I can't believe it's going to be -5/15 this week" in January?

Yeah, some.  Nobody really wants to spend much time outside when it is 2 degrees.  The monotony of subfreezing temps up there wears on you just like the 90 degree days here. 

They do! I laughed one time when I spoke to someone who said that when they were hot all they had to do was move slower! LOL! They have no idea that you just go outside on a day like today and you do not have to move to break out in a major sweat! When it is cold I am always like - just add another layer and put some of those heat things in your pockets and gloves! LOL!

That's strange, because it does get just as hot up there as it does here.  I've been 107 in southern MN and at other times in the 80s for dew points.  The difference is that the heat breaks up there while it just lasts forever here.  My in-laws are here from WI.  Whenever it was last week when we had a minor thunderstorm come through they instinctively asked if it was going to get cooler and dry out after the storm ended.  I laughed. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first real stretch of heat and its already July?  i'll take that.

It's summer, and it'll always get hot at some point around here. Better now than have it start in May.

Word.  And today wasn't even that bad.  High of 89.  Knock the dew down 5 degrees and it would have been halfway pleasant. 

House hunting in Maryland blows.  Just got outbid on our second house...have looked at just over two dozen homes since May no to avail.  About to hang it up and just live under a bridge in Baltimore or something.

where are you looking? 

Reisterstown (preferred), Randallstown, Owings Mills, Catonsville.  That's the location where both our commutes aren't killer and we can afford the $275,000 or under price.

2 days on the market

it's small, but has a pool!

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Reisterstown-MD/36357056_zpid/47334_rid/250000-275000_price/874-961_mp/globalrelevanceex_sort/39.615871,-76.693668,39.42837,-76.949444_rect/11_zm/?3col=true

HAH.  That's the house we just lost.  

EDIT for backstory:  we looked at the house last night, LOVE IT, submitted an offer first thing this morning and found out about two hours ago the seller got a list price off last night and signed on the spot.

EDIT for backstory:  we looked at the house last night, LOVE IT, submitted an offer first thing this morning and found out about two hours ago the seller got a list price off last night and signed on the spot.

ha! glad we have similar taste.

it is a nice house, at a great price. I can understand that it went quickly.

Keep looking! you will find something! 

I like the one on Butler Rd listed for 259K. The inside looks updated and that's a nice backyard that has tons of potential. I'm not sure how accurate Zillow is but I might lowball some and see how it worked out.

My bike ride today went by at least three of those houses on the Zillow page Mappy posted. The one on Butler is nice but it's a busy road. If you can spend a smudge more, I saw this one today and it's just a block from the Glyndob pool. ;)

325 Cental Ave

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/325-Central-Ave-Glyndon-MD-21071/36357914_zpid/

example # 6576465 why toddlers are ***holes

We played Candyland with the kiddo last night. She was in the lead, with about 10 spots to go before she would win. It's her turn, she picks a card and she gets the candy cane, which would send her back to near the beginning of the game. She straight up said "no, I don't want that card" and put it back. We laughed, told her that she needed to move to the candy cane spot because that is how the game is played.

"Nah. I don't want to be losers like you guys"

we let her stay, and she won. 

example # 6576465 why toddlers are ***holes

We played Candyland with the kiddo last night. She was in the lead, with about 10 spots to go before she would win. It's her turn, she picks a card and she gets the candy cane, which would send her back to near the beginning of the game. She straight up said "no, I don't want that card" and put it back. We laughed, told her that she needed to move to the candy cane spot because that is how the game is played.

"Nah. I don't want to be losers like you guys"

we let her stay, and she won. 

That's hilariously awesome.

And a prime reason we don't have crumbsnatchers.

change the locks immediately too, otherwise the previous owners may come back and dump a bunch of stuff.

So, funny story about that house you shared the other day.  The contract fell through with the first buyer so our offer was accepted last night.  We close Aug. 26th, so bank on a derecho that day.  

HOA's suck...I'm not going to dump a quarter of a million into a house to have some b*tch committee tell me what to do and then fail to act when my neighbor has his car on cinder blocks leaking oil in the driveway.

So, funny story about that house you shared the other day.  The contract fell through with the first buyer so our offer was accepted last night.  We close Aug. 26th, so bank on a derecho that day.  

HOA's suck...I'm not going to dump a quarter of a million into a house to have some b*tch committee tell me what to do and then fail to act when my neighbor has his car on cinder blocks leaking oil in the driveway.

Congratulations!!! Now we all know where you will be living :) 

I'll finally get my weather station.  I'll need WxMeddler's assistance to install and deploy readings to the Internet though.

he did a great job helping me place mine, then giving me all the information on what i would need to get it online. 

Having a family sandwich-and-chips dinner at the pool after I get home from work today. Perfect!!

Spoke too soon. A dog we're (or we *were*) watching (and who we watch often) decided that she didn’t like my dog playing with a stick she wanted, so she decided to tear a couple holes in his front leg. I got home, put on my Speedo, and five minutes later I was in the car on the way to the emergency vet.

My buddy took it like a champ, but he's well out of it with the meds he's on! :pimp:

Hopefully we can hit the pool this evening!

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived