Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 Obs

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some Tweets from around here.
Ian Scheuring @IanScheuring
Flash flooding happening now on the H-1 freeway. Waterfalls from the streets above. Cars stopped completely
Ian Scheuring @IanScheuring  Drivers on the H-1 are turning around and driving the wrong way up the Liliha St. on-ramp to avoid the freeway.
Loryn Marie @LorynLulu. All  I have to say is do not drive if you live in Honolulu this is nuts #Darby
JoAnn K. @jtweets5 Nimitz Hwy WB after Sand Island extremely deep water! #hitraffic

4 minutes ago, NWNC2015 said:

Is it rare for Hawaii to see afternoon pop-up storms non-tropical related?

These are actually associated with Darby I believe. And yeah it's very rare. We don't really get pop up storms here.  Thunderstorms usually happen in the winter here doing wet season with Kona lows or other low-pressure systems. This is dry season for us. We average only 0.5 for this month.

5 hours ago, metalicwx366 said:

Still raining currently. Entire island under a flash flood warning. We are 2 inches of rain here. 8-10 inches to the west of here. 

I wish I was there to do some hiking to some of the those amazing waterfalls on the island in the "rain forest" type of areas. I was there a few years ago and we had some showers in those places but nothing like what the island is getting now.

1 hour ago, downeastnc said:

Same here, sucks when the heat index is 107 before noon, hell we might get 110 before noon.....

At 1PM we are at 93/77 HI 107. Its been hovering there for the past few hours. Hopefully it will not go up any higher. Gonna be a hot and humid week miserable week.

31 minutes ago, jshetley said:

I think it's 110 for 3 hours or more in the GSP county warning area. I'm not sure about the Raleigh CWA though. 

I think its similar here, hit 110 already today but there is a considerable amount of clouds today so its causing the temp to jump around.....

Welp, here are a couple numbers for GSP and CAE 

So far, counting today, GSP has reached 90, 42 days so far, with 22 of those being 95 or higher. That is a lot already, as 95 doesn't usually happen more than about 10 times or so in a given year. Highest was 100 on July 8th, with 2 more days seeing temps of 98 or 99. Only 1 day this month failed to reach 90, that was an 89 on the 16th. GSP's low for July is 68 with just 6 mornings dipping below 70.

CAE has reached 90 ,59 days so far with 36 being at 95 or higher and the high of 104 on a couple of occasions. 100 has been reached 15 times, and ten more days have seen temps of 98 or 99. CAE has been at 90 or higher for 36 straight days (June 19th). CAE has not dipped below 70 since June 20th, and the July low is 72.

22 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Welp, here are a couple numbers for GSP and CAE 

So far, counting today, GSP has reached 90, 42 days so far, with 22 of those being 95 or higher. That is a lot already, as 95 doesn't usually happen more than about 10 times or so in a given year. Highest was 100 on July 8th, with 2 more days seeing temps of 98 or 99. Only 1 day this month failed to reach 90, that was an 89 on the 16th. GSP's low for July is 68 with just 6 mornings dipping below 70.

CAE has reached 90 ,59 days so far with 36 being at 95 or higher and the high of 104 on a couple of occasions. 100 has been reached 15 times, and ten more days have seen temps of 98 or 99. CAE has been at 90 or higher for 36 straight days (June 19th). CAE has not dipped below 70 since June 20th, and the July low is 72.

Snow totals?

Archived