Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 Obs

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big storm IMBY this afternoon totaling 1.30 inches of rainfall.

I have now recorded measurable rainfall IMBY for everyday since (and including) last Monday (6/27)!  Combined, MBY has received 4.38 inches of rainfall over that span.  Pretty amazing stretch of wet weather...

Looks like I-40 is the divide for 2 completely different summer patterns. North is wet and slightly warmer than normal, with some cool days mixed in, while south of there is very hot and dry with not a single cool day to be found.

Just before a weak boundary passed through from the SW.... 95/79= 113. Impressive, to say the least.

We had a heat advisory but may have met Heat warning criteria with heat indexes over 110 since 2pm....so thats 4 hrs straight with a HI over 110 but I am not sure exactly what the temp/time criteria is for MHX for those and it really doesnt matter hot is hot. 

Currently at 6pm its 95/77 HI 110...sure would like some of those storms to make it over this way :) 

That had to be a top 10 storm for me., I wish I was home but was driving on the Triangle Expwy and I couldnt see the front of my truck with the strong wind swept rains being blown across the roadway. Then throw in the T&L as it was super loud and vivid lightning. It was epic here for sure. about .75 rainfall here with that storm.

To the idiot who thinks its abnormally dry in north-west NC.....plz come out of your corporate office and take a measuring stick into the woods to see how easy it is to find ground water in ANY of the northern mountain or northern foothill counties. WE DON'T NEED RAIN please stop saying we are headed into a drought. I'm sure its fun to paint drought colors on a map must be the most boring minimum wage job ever.

20160628_southeast_none.png

Looks like I-40 is the divide for 2 completely different summer patterns. North is wet and slightly warmer than normal, with some cool days mixed in, while south of there is very hot and dry with not a single cool day to be found.

Hey, jshetley!  We actually agree on something.  I can concur with your analysis in this matter.

To the idiot who thinks its abnormally dry in north-west NC.....plz come out of your corporate office and take a measuring stick into the woods to see how easy it is to find ground water in ANY of the northern mountain or northern foothill counties. WE DON'T NEED RAIN please stop saying we are headed into a drought. I'm sure its fun to paint drought colors on a map must be the most boring minimum wage job ever.

Please stop calling the mets idiots, idiot.

I've warned you verbally about bashing Mets previously.  This is number 2.  See you in a few days.

We finally got a brief shower yesterday.  It seems like every storm avoids my area this season; What's new?

Anyways, see storms firing in Georgia already and today might be a good chance for us down here.

We had a brief rain yesterday too. Having the same issues as you regarding storms. Unfortunately, the storms today are too far south, and what was west of us fell apart. Im not sure what its gonna take to give us any meaningful rain. Ive only had around an inch and a half of rain since the first of June.

0.60"

Stations:

NC-DH-34

Durham 5.2 NW

Lat: 36.034668

Lon: -78.980595

* indicates Multi-Day Accumulation Report

Station NC-DH-34

Date Precip in.

06/28/2016 0.00

06/29/2016 2.04

06/30/2016 1.12