joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 Discussions/Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not to start another central park sucks debate but it would bug me less if tv weathercasters would at least acknowledge its siting issues when saying things like "new york city didn't hit 90 today!" while lga, jfk, and ewr are all 90+

8 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

not to start another central park sucks debate but it would bug me less if tv weathercasters would at least acknowledge its siting issues when saying things like "new york city didn't hit 90 today!" while lga, jfk, and ewr are all 90+

Totally agree.  2006 was a classic example of that happening dozen times or more.

35 minutes ago, weathermedic said:

Nice shower literally popped up over your area of Suffolk County within the past 15 minutes or so

Yea dropped about 0.25. Unfortunately i left work early today to mow the lawn before the weekend, so this was not welcome.

Feels like a rain forest out there right now after that rain.

2 hours ago, tdp146 said:

Farmingdale, Islip and westhampton all got into the 90s today. That should show how off the park is. On the flip side they probably won't dip below 70 for a week. 

They had more sun being further East, as the clouds moved into the area, allowing them to get to 90+.

1 hour ago, uofmiami said:

They had more sun being further East, as the clouds moved into the area, allowing them to get to 90+.

But look at the 4 closest stations from what Sacrus posted. Teb, ewr, lga and jfk all in the low to mid 90s. East and west of the park and all within fairly close proximity. My point was- and it's been discussed ad nauseam- the park reports low on days like today. I don't think it was just the clouds. 

1 minute ago, SACRUS said:

Less clouds today may yield to higher temps in some areas like the park, ttn etc.

Was thinking the same..and maybe not as wet in the park a day removed from heavy downpours. Temp starting off nearly even (around 80) with LGA this morning, usually not the case.

Archived