Newest Member
    joxey
Saturday June 11th MCS/Derecho Discussion

Rtd208

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 00z NAM is much more ominous looking

Just going to point out that the last models with rain or QPF have been so bad locally, that I am more pissed then ever. A local national weather company based in S NJ  has been so poor with forecasting that locally we now toss our hands in the air and watch channel 12 NJ news.

We have not had a severe  or strong t storm in my area is 4 + years.

I am very suspect with measuring water from the sky.

when I measure rain at my house in NNJ, everyone has a higher total.

Stil

Overall...poor weather forecasting continues in NWNJ.

Wondering when it gets improved.

People call for 1/2 to an inch of rain and basically nothing falls. and locals tell me it was pouring rain :axe:

Yeah, the MCS passing by to our north is laying down a nice outflow boundary

for storms to fire on later across the area.

Yeah if anything the radar is promising showing the MCS laying down its outflow boundary right across our region. Keep an eye out for PA storms forming and moving down along that axis.

Watching storms approach from across sound now in Port Jefferson during maritime Festival.. With all the free apps available I am surprised people don't check radar judging by amount of bands and events not covered properly..

But third weekend of summer season with rain.

Watching storms approach from across sound now in Port Jefferson during maritime Festival.. With all the free apps available I am surprised people don't check radar judging by amount of bands and events not covered properly..

But third weekend of summer season with rain.

more bark than bite on radar, barely wet the ground here and sun is poking back out

Get ready for another flop, honestly there's no point to hope for severe anymore. It's been years since there's been a good storm.

Unnecessary post. Let the event pass 1st.

New Hrrr has a strong tstorm directly over NYC in the afternoon. And numerous pop up storms over NJ.

Was just reading some of Steve D's latest tweets on the severe threat, he doesn't seem very impressed, thinking more of an isolated severe threat then anything else. We will see how well his thinking turns out for him.

Most severe around here is isolated. What did he expect? Labor Day 1998 or September 2010?

Of course this was never supposed to be widespread, but because its been mentioned as a potential severe weather threat people will cry bust if they don't see anything in their backyard

Severe around here is very localized. Look at September 2010. It was the greatest outbreak in a long time but only affected Brooklyn and Queens mostly. It's just the way it is around these areas.

I would say there's a second chance for a severe storm late overnight or Sunday morning (0500-0800h best) when the main cold front arrives, radar in northeast Ontario shows rapid development and that front is pushing south fast with a lot of support. Would expect it through Albany by 0300h and lying approx POU to ORH by 0600h, through NYC around 0800h. This may become derecho-like for eastern ON, western QC and upstate NY-VT this evening to midnight and then could hold together as a partial squall line to 0800h.

Archived