joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2016 Discussion/Observations

dmillz25

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both the GFS and euro are .75+ for the area now for Saturday. Storm further north

gem_apcpn_neus_11.pngLooks like we get rain, it's just a matter of how far north and the timing-NAM is the quickest with a 2pm start and the others are slower.   GFS and CMC still remain S and E for the most part-CMC with a monster cutoff.

I remember the smoke from the fires in the Carolina's about 20 years ago...sometimes it was so thick you could smell it...maybe we'll get some brown rain over the week end...Last year May was very dry but a wet system hit us on the last day of the month...it prevented the Spring of 2015 being a top ten driest Spring...Two very dry Spring's in consecutive years...Is the wet regime we were in for 40 years over?...

73/54 today is perfectly N. +1/-1

I'm obviously a bit bored- but NWS recorded yesterday as +1 overall.  I am just assuming there are some decimal points on the actual readings that don't show up in report. Either that or someone's math doesn't add up. 

post-5412-0-05834500-1463766649_thumb.pn

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=NYC&product=CLI&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

GFS MOS has a Newark 86 and Euro 89 next week. The WAR finally flexes its muscles as the blocking relaxes.

It looks like the first 588 DM ridge building along the East Coast since early in March. The only thing that

has been keeping the WAR flattened during April and May has been the very impressive blocking.

GFS MOS has a Newark 86 and Euro 89 next week. The WAR finally flexes its muscles as the blocking relaxes.

It looks like the first 588 DM ridge building along the East Coast since early in March. The only thing that

has been keeping the WAR flattened during April and May has been the very impressive blocking.

attachicon.gifeps_z500a_exnamer_33.png

...that some good news..looking forward to the warmup..although

i'll probably stay in the 60's..but i'll take it.

eps_z500a_exnamer_33.png

0z continued this theme. i think the hotter spots have a chance at their first heat wave

...that some good news..looking forward to the warmup..although

i'll probably stay in the 60's..but i'll take it.

0z continued this theme. i think the hotter spots have a chance at their first heat wave

Yeah, the 0z Euro showed that potential for the hotter spots. The persistent -EPO ridge will finally retrograde

west to the Aleutians and allow the WAR to build in. 

Archived