• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ESNATC
    Newest Member
    ESNATC
mackerel_sky

April Banter

I lived off N. Main street in the early to mid 90s. Huge changes in Wake Forest since then. Talking about traffic they're currently widening Capital at the South Main (Walmart) intersection. Then DOT has approved the NC-98 widening from 2 lanes to 4 lane from Wake Forest back to NC-50. So maybe traffic gets a little better; or maybe it just causes more folks to move in.   

Traffic does get tougher in Pittsboro on those Sat nights when Virlie's has a band and it could be a problem in Moncure next Saturday on a count of it being the fire deptartments 50th birthday and all.

In other news, the firefly population has exploded imby and the light show every evening is awesome   :D

Little does she know, those are not fireflies.  Te he.

Biloxi is getting crushed now. Flash flood emergency. I'm still signed up for the alerts and I wake up to 12 missed calls about flood warnings and a tornado warning. The base warnings that we issue are separate from the NWS.

Two questions. When can we get red tags on here and where is the best online college/university to get your meteorology degree?

Phoenix University?  :D

Hi, everyone!  Long time, no chat.  Just popping in to make sure the place still exists.  Work is keeping me too busy to be able to spend too much time on here lately.  :(

Phoenix University?  :D

Hi, everyone!  Long time, no chat.  Just popping in to make sure the place still exists.  Work is keeping me too busy to be able to spend too much time on here lately.  :(

Calc's back!

This is a shocker!!!

After careful thought and consideration, we have decided to discontinue the TVNweather Live Storm chasing service.

When we launched the TVN live streaming platform 4 years ago, our mission was to grow a platform for storm chasers to share their severe weather reports and experiences in the field with weather enthusiasts, news media, emergency managers, and especially the people in the path of these dangerous storms. The platform has provided many storm chasers with the opportunity to share their chases with the world and we consider the overall experience a success. Many people and organizations have also come to rely on it for public safety and early warning and we know it will be missed.

Unfortunately and for various reasons, we can no longer provide the level of service everyone has grown to expect and as such we would rather simply shut the service down rather than provide a substandard viewing experience.

We are not seeking options or contributions to continue operating the Live Storm Chasing platform, but simply would like to thank our loyal supporters and especially our network of hard-working storm chasers for growing this incredible product over the last 4 years.

I'm not quite understanding this wording from the warnings I've heard or seen several times today for my location. Is it referring to wind driven hail, or the wind itself? This is from the current complex approaching Holly Springs/Cary/Garner

IMPACT...HAIL DAMAGE TO VEHICLES IS EXPECTED. EXPECT WIND DAMAGE           TO ROOFS...SIDING...AND TREES.

The WhateverWeather Channel is still warning us about "a severe thunderstorm in your area until 7:00 PM" 90+ minutes after the warning expired.

Phoenix University? :D

Hi, everyone! Long time, no chat. Just popping in to make sure the place still exists. Work is keeping me too busy to be able to spend too much time on here lately. :(

Yeah, I was looking into Phoenix University as well as Iowa State University like Isohume mentioned.

I'm getting a bachelor's degree at Appalachian where is my orange tag my major will be a science, journalism, environmental, geology, type of major in the end. 

What kind of proof do I need to show?

Skip to about 1:50 and watch this guy have a bad day.....

Daaaannnnng ...

(I'll admit watching it from the start and thinking "that's not the direction to be watching ...")

Guys, I plan to do some intense studying of meteorology in June. If you guys have any suggestions whether it be books, sites, videos, lectures, and academic journals that could further improve my meteorology knowledge plz let me know.

When I finish my first forecasting position, I plan on moving to the Joint Typhoon Warning Center and working there. Should be fun working there.