joxey
Possible winter storm March 1st-2nd

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm punting.

:facepalm:

So this is the 2nd time you said this, does that mean we won't have to read your posts in this thread then or will you keep "punting"

Great. Post less.

I've seen enough to make my decision.

I think you know the answer to that question.

Then maybe he should go back to his original status around here, banned.

Can you please save your crap for the complaint thread? You're already on thin ice man. You're just asking to be banned.

I think he will. :lol:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:hammer came swinging through.

lol.

Parallel Euro low track went Springfield to St Louis to Fort Wayne to Toledo to just north of Toronto. Best snows are from from Peoria to Chicago to Grand Rapids to the Thumb and into cottage country up near North Bay.

Yeah it's fairly similar, noise level changes really.  I guess it's a pretty good sign it's in decent agreement with the op.  If I were to pick one neg with this system, is it's looking like a relatively narrow corridor of heavy snows.  Would feel a little more at ease if we were dealing with a wider swath, but it is what it is.  

lol.

He gone.

Speaking of gone, I noticed that Alek is not providing any commentary. After it became apparent the last storm was going fringe him, he disappeared.

Also, can someone explain to me what's going on with the high pressure to the north? The Euro depicts a 1031mb high in northern North Dakota on Tuesday morning, but by Wednesday morning, it's gone as the low intensifies and cuts. Meanwhile, the GFS has a ~1027mb high drifting across the northern lakes, followed closely by a stronger high diving in from the northwest, suppressing the trough. Which is more realistic and why?

He gone.

Speaking of gone, I noticed that Alek is not providing any commentary. After it became apparent the last storm was going fringe him, he disappeared.

Yeah not sure.  I had joked later that day about him going on a long jeb walk, and hadn't come back yet.  I'm guessing he decided to take a break from weather after the disappointing outcome there.

He gone.

Also, can someone explain to me what's going on with the high pressure to the north? The Euro depicts a 1031mb high in northern North Dakota on Tuesday morning, but by Wednesday morning, it's gone as the low intensifies and cuts. Meanwhile, the GFS has a ~1027mb high drifting across the northern lakes, followed closely by a stronger high diving in from the northwest, suppressing the trough. Which is more realistic and why?

With the AO forecast to veer negative, I would suppose the latter with Arctic air descending to lower latitudes. I would usually expect to see the high nearby intensify as cold air advection digs the upper trough, amplifying the ridge, but both solutions are viable, albeit unusual. I think a compromise between the two current solutions is probably fair, with this very grey area resulting from intermittent sampling.

Alright, alright, ma nature...if you give us a foot I'll bump the grade from an F up to something considerably better. :weenie:

You and hawkeye deserve a good thumping, you all despite being missed in every direction always maintain a good attitude. So here's to the Iowa crew.

Gonna be a rainer down here with some back end snow. That's fine with me! What's also great news is the very wet pattern shaping up for California. Good stuff.

Archived