joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible 2/16 storm threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Western Atlantic Ridge and very warm SST combo has been a tough act to beat since 

late in January. Snowstorms to our SE trend NW which has helped us out. But not so much

with these cutters. Hoping we get at least one more major frozen event before winter

season calls it quits.

That Western Atlantic Ridge and very warm SST combo has been a tough act to beat since

late in January. Snowstorms to our SE trend NW which has helped us out. But not so much

with these cutters. Hoping we get at least one more major frozen event before winter

season calls it quits.

500mb.gif

sst.gif

f72.gif

Theres a solid chance I'll finish this entire season under 10" of snow.. Pretty epic... At this point I think I've had enough of sleepless tracking of phantom snow storms.. I'll gladly suffer through the rest to watch my totals finish less than 5".. Be a nice one for the record book

I have 2.9"

For personal records I refuse to count sleet as snow... 2.9" snow and 1.7" of sleet

i know exactly what you mean about sleet.  some years when i've had crazy amounts of sleet (1994, 6") it just felt like cheating counting it as snow.

and regarding the euro....... there's been so much bashing of it this year, which i think has been overdone. at this point, i dont buy any solution in any storm until the euro shows it.

Archived