joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible 2/16 storm threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RGEM/GGEM still show the front end snow Monday afternoon-evening, so I don't see any changes to be disappointed about tonight. I think we all knew that this was going to turn into a huge rainstorm, but that doesn't mean we won't get our front end snow. I'll be happy as long as I get my 1 to 3 inches of snow before the changeover. Yeah it'll get washed away, but it'll be nice for a little while. 

Looks like Central Park just reached 1F, breaking the record of 2F. Boston shattered its record of -3F, reaching -9F; same for Hartford, reaching -7F vs. the record of -5F.

Updated NWS snowfall maps are up, also, although with model tracks ranging from west of the Apps to along the coast, one should take these with a grain of salt.

http://www.weather.gov/images/okx/winter/StormTotalIceWeb.png

http://www.weather.gov/images/phi/winter/StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

Shame because we are experiencing brutal temps right now

You can blame the lack of of a sustained -NAO for that. Something we haven't seen since 2010. Since then every event is thread the needle, and more often than not it doesn't work out in our favor. We have to consider ourselves lucky to experience the blizzard last month.

You can blame the lack of of a sustained -NAO for that. Something we haven't seen since 2010. Since then every event is thread the needle, and more often than not it doesn't work out in our favor. We have to consider ourselves lucky to experience the blizzard last month.

I agree. If it wasn't for the blizzard, I would be at 5 right now.

Archived