• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible 2/16 storm threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

There never seemed to be much hope for this as a true snow maker and I'm quickly losing interest today for there to be any hope.

Front end snow, freezing rain to rain.It's been the identity of this storm all along and it's how it shall be.

It is, what it is.

This is not a good freezing rain setup at all for the metro area. There will be big warm air advection at the surface. I think it goes quickly from snow, to a brief period of sleet then a quick change to all rain

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not a good freezing rain setup at all for the metro area. There will be big warm air advection at the surface. I think it goes quickly from snow, to a brief period of sleet then a quick change to all rain

One thing that could be an issue and has not been mentioned but should is ground temps lagging air temps for any extended period of time. In areas where temps are borderline this could present a fairly bad situation with surface icing on solid surfaces and to a certain extant trees and wires. The current ice box will chill ground temps rapidly, especially if it's clear at night with radiation cooling.

Nothing like being too far west and north all season, then being too far south and east lmao... Ahhh good stuff

You just can't make it up this year. If it can go wrong in the HV this year it will go wrong.

The last indignity for this season will be snow in Washington DC and rain in the HV. I don't think I've ever seen that setup, but this is the year it will happen. That's what will finally drive me to the edge. This storm was modeled that way for a couple of runs.

You just can't make it up this year. If it can go wrong in the HV this year it will go wrong.

The last indignity for this season will be snow in Washington DC and rain in the HV. I don't think I've ever seen that setup, but this is the year it will happen. That's what will finally drive me to the edge. This storm was modeled that way for a couple of runs.

Is there any access to annual snowfall totals for around Orange County going back to 1980?

Archived