joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible 2/16 storm threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nam wants to turn everyone back over to snow, interior crusher on nam... VERY good run for city and NNJ

like I mentioned earlier in the day - a near record arctic outbreak does not just go away quietly so fast....and you are not going to get much help in warming the atmosphere with 34 - 35 degree water temps in mid Feb

The NAM is giving no respect to the WAR. It is too far east IMO. It is now the furthest east of any model run since last night. Not surprising since its out of it's range still

Nam isn't that east with the low, tracks over NYC, it's just much weaker... Nam and GFS are only off by about 25 miles with the low placement.. GFS has low over jersey shore, nam has it 25 miles offshore... The key is weaker system, that deepens well after its moved east and heads up coast

Nam isn't that east with the low, tracks over NYC, it's just much weaker... Nam and GFS are only off by about 25 miles with the low placement.. GFS has low over jersey shore, nam has it 25 miles offshore... The key is weaker system, that deepens well after its moved east and heads up coast

bust potential is above average with this storm IMO - probably greater then any storm so far this winter - I wouldn't be surprised if the forecast and snow amounts and ice amounts change for certain areas of the metro as the storm is in progress

Looks to me like a waste of 2" of liquid equivalent! It also self-cleans anything it puts down early. NAM could get us a frontal 3". If this had a chance to go back to snow then an all snow or all rain event would have been more likely, since switching precip. types is probably rare.

Jan. 1978 good example of a predicted snow-rain-snow event that went all snow, with the r/s line doing battle with itself just some 30 miles from NYC all night. Freezing drizzle at the end put a glaze on 14", when just 3"-5" and a changeover were called for.

I remember a similar storm up here... With 84 as the battle line, 2013 I believe... I lived in Orange County about 10 miles south of 84.. I was suppose to change to rain.... I snowed heavy with a tailend changeover to sleet... Forecast models said rain was going north of 84.... However everyone north of 84 stayed all snow, cold toungue just kept penetrating

Archived