joxey
Possible 2/16 storm threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

fcx_None_anim.gif

latest.jpg

Max Potential?

MaxSnowWeb.png

epvl.gif?1455493172338

I have a vibe this thing is going to overperform with snow ,for our area.... :bag:

Outside of JFK on east including most of LI except maybe NW Nassau the models clearly are seeing the offshore high pressure wedge when you look at wind directions.  At some stations the GFS and MOS have shown winds actually backing a bit in the 21-02Z hour from 100 to 060-080.  With this air mass in place and just an overrunning wave a light 080-100 wind won't be enough to warm the BL this late in the season, they need to go 120-160 which for places like JFK/FRG/ISP the GFS and to some extent the NAM does too by 23-00Z.  These sort of setups here usually see LI changeover much earlier than NYC/LGA/EWR, sometimes 2-3 hours earlier.  I could see snow in NYC til as late as 03-04z tomorrow night if everything went right.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outside of JFK on east including most of LI except maybe NW Nassau the models clearly are seeing the offshore high pressure wedge when you look at wind directions.  At some stations the GFS and MOS have shown winds actually backing a bit in the 21-02Z hour from 100 to 060-080.  With this air mass in place and just an overrunning wave a light 080-100 wind won't be enough to warm the BL this late in the season, they need to go 120-160 which for places like JFK/FRG/ISP the GFS and to some extent the NAM does too by 23-00Z.  These sort of setups here usually see LI changeover much earlier than NYC/LGA/EWR, sometimes 2-3 hours earlier.  I could see snow in NYC til as late as 03-04z tomorrow night if everything went right.

Nice disco SG thanks

that meso chart for the 850 fronto just grabs me in ATM

sneaky lil thing - imo

rapwvvor.20160214.23.gif

http://weather.cod.edu/analysis/

Look at that tongue of cold ....dropping south along the Apps

things may become a bit more tricky

with the changeover times for some of us -imo

nam_T2m_neus_10.png

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/nam/2016021500/nam_T2m_neus_10.png

What up T, dont under estimate that warm pool of water reaching all the way up to Delmarva. I think it changes faster anticipated.

Archived