joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This storm is going to be further west. We still have two days to go. The models keep shifting it more and more west with time. And it still could end up even further west than the models show up til the storm actually gets here. With all the rain we have had here since fall, I don't recall a system that has missed us to the east since then. No way of knowing until the storm happens, but I have a feeling this is going to be big.

4-5 euro ens members have it 50-100 miles off coast and buries pgv to rdu. Haven't seen that with this system ever.

Good trends! But... We are only abt half way there

just took a look at the euro ens low clusters on wxbell compared to 12z, sig shift west with them.  wish i could post but there are plenty on the western side of guidance with quite a few in a good spot to crush nc/sc.  we have seen this story before where models slowly correct as we get within 36-48hrs.  need 12z runs today to continue this westward trend.

just took a look at the euro ens low clusters on wxbell compared to 12z, sig shift west with them. wish i could post but there are plenty on the western side of guidance with quite a few in a good spot to crush nc/sc. we have seen this story before where models slowly correct as we get within 36-48hrs. need 12z runs today to continue this westward trend.

That's probably the most encouraging sign for me. In my experience the gfs does great 135-120hr time frame and when the storm was in that timeframe the gfs had rdu 7 inches and looked very similar to 4-5 of those ensemble members.

But when we lose a storm I notice the gfs takes forever to bring it back and normally the euro jumps back in the boat quicker.

Central-eastern nc gotta love those 5 members and it's only 70hrs out.

12z is extremely important

Archived