joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its very possible... even though the prog strength of the UL is forecasted to flex back and forth. Still a strong system. There is going to be a very tight baroclinic zone also. Once the UL get close this could turn into a very sign. storm for I95 East from Charleston to Coastal NC and Outer Banks.

Sorry if this is banter, but would a shift west equate to a slower moving stronger storm? Or just more precip inland.

All things being equal which in the world of weather they are no.  A trend west would likely mean a stronger storm, slower, not so much unless the surface low is captured by the upper levels.  That happens here just too late for anyone west of the Gulf Stream.

I cruised the MA and NYC sub a little bit ago and noticed their threads on the Feb 5th system were just started in the past 24-48hrs, so that kind of popped up on them in the home stretch.  Going neg tilt over eastern GA is not going to cut, period.  Looking at H5, I am not as optimistic as I was 24hrs ago.  That still is a boat load of QPF just offshore and all indications are this is a bomb, too bad we have the clipper right on its heals or this would have amplified quite nicely.  

All things being equal which in the world of weather they are no.  A trend west would likely mean a stronger storm, slower, not so much unless the surface low is captured by the upper levels.  That happens here just too late for anyone west of the Gulf Stream.

I cruised the MA and NYC sub a little bit ago and noticed their threads on the Feb 5th system were just started in the past 24-48hrs, so that kind of popped up on them in the home stretch.  Going neg tilt over eastern GA is not going to cut, period.  Looking at H5, I am not as optimistic as I was 24hrs ago.  That still is a boat load of QPF just offshore and all indications are this is a bomb, too bad we have the clipper right on its heals or this would have amplified quite nicely.  

:clap:

The NS is flooded. But then again there is alot of seperation between each which is only making it worse.

Keeps coming further west. And we have two days at least until we know for sure where exactly the storm will go.

Not even that. The engery has been sampled. There is no major nw trend going to happen. CAA is working in all along the EC. Its pretty well locked and loaded. If RAH does get snow it will be very light. This storm IMO has a coastal NC/SC I 95 E special.

Canadian getting precip west of Columbia SC... snow.  Someone did say earlier that Florence could get a thumping.  100 mile shift west from what the GGEM said and we have a nice storm down here.

need to see these ticks w continue thru tomorrow's runs.  lp just bombs out once its off the coast, so any minor shifts w will result in some big qpf differences.

Archived