joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24 Randytastic Snowstorm Part 2 STORM MODE THREAD

BxEngine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Understood, very frustrating the page where it should be (http://www.weather.gov/okx/winter) isnt updating.

I agree. The other offices e.g., Mount Holly had a similar image. That image no longer exists and the designated webpage updates. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved so that the linked page updates as soon as the information has changed.

You didn't include the context. He said if the GFS is correct with it's weakening H5 low moving E to ESE, then NYC doesn't get more than a foot.

i was going to post what he actually fully said.. it seems some posters here try to pick snippets for there arguments to try and downplay the enthusiasm many will feel about the snow...

Its a convection question.  GFS is still seeing intense GS-fueled convection offshore that robs the CCB of moisture.

That's not at all what's happening. The 500mb low tracks right towards it. That's just the storm departing. I don't think the models should be painting a low pressure there by the QPF bullseye makes sense.

Good deformation banding lasts well into Saturday evening like the rest of the guidance shows.

Like I said, massive cut off once North of a line that runs from Port Jervis to about the Beacon bridge.

You guys are looking pretty damn good. Coastal RI might be able to cash in as well.

Can you do an 18z v 12z comparison for total QPF output?

That's not at all what's happening. The 500mb low tracks right towards it. That's just the storm departing. I don't think the models should be painting a low pressure there by the QPF bullseye makes sense.

Disagree.  Look at the GFS precip depiction against an East Coast SST map side-by-side. 

Good deformation banding lasts well into Saturday evening like the rest of the guidance shows.

Like I said, massive cut off once North of a line that runs from Port Jervis to about the Beacon bridge.

GFS-MAXRES_QPFtotal_ne_f36.png?v=1453498

Much better for our Northern friends... I may tell my Dad up in Ridgefield, Ct. not to sleep on 8-12

Archived