joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24 Randytastic Snowstorm Part 2 STORM MODE THREAD

BxEngine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Majority of ensemble members over 2 feet now for KLGA. Wow.

Id5pqKk.png

They keep increasing every update,unheard of really in all context of weather history.If this happens it might be a all time record for a 1 day snowfall in and around n.y.c,considering 5 inches was only forecast 13 hours ago.JUST CRAZY! lol

Can anyone give a brief description on how the models looked running up to the event and right at go time for 2/6/10 and 2/9/10 and how it compares to this?

NYC is where Philly was for the 2/6/10 event. Most models were in the 8-12" range, with the NAM hinting that Philly could end up with well over a foot. Most models had NYC in the 2-5" range. The gradient was sharper than expected, but for those near the cutoff (like Philly) the totals were MUCH higher than expected (KPHL ended with 28").

I'm hearing reports on Twitter ( a pretty respectful Met in philly) that reports around the area (not philly itself) is that Virga is surprisingly not occurring despite low see points? Can someone with a little more knowledge explain.. Why this would be a case.. And if it shows that the confluence may be weaker?

Who?

I'm hearing reports on Twitter ( a pretty respectful Met in philly) that reports around the area (not philly itself) is that Virga is surprisingly not occurring despite low see points? Can someone with a little more knowledge explain.. Why this would be a case.. And if it shows that the confluence may be weaker?

29/4 in EWR, it is cold and dry, but not too dry...

Just a quick update to keep everyone in the loop, will probably unpin this and pin the obs thread after the 18z models are done. Obv feel free to post all the real short term stuff in here afterwards if you want but they should be ok in the obs thread too (just dont go overboard).

Just a quick update to keep everyone in the loop, will probably unpin this and pin the obs thread after the 18z models are done. Obv feel free to post all the real short term stuff in here afterwards if you want but they should be ok in the obs thread too (just dont go overboard).

Could we please have two pinned threads and keep the other one strictly for obs? Otherwise I think valuable posts will become buried quickly.

I'm hearing reports on Twitter ( a pretty respectful Met in philly) that reports around the area (not philly itself) is that Virga is surprisingly not occurring despite low dew points? Can someone with a little more knowledge explain.. Why this would be the case.. And if it shows that the confluence may be weaker?

BWI reporting light snow, dewpoint 12

I retired my snow goggles donated the shovel and ice pick, snow blower , to the snow lovers hall of fame going through withdrawals,but my spirit is with ya. Been around here going back to the twc days where we were kicked out 20 yrs ago damn we've been some stormy and boring winters together.Enjoy were lunatics with a passion most don't understand.maybe i'll chase a storm in february somewhere who knows. see ya

Archived