• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

Gfs made strides to the euro. H5 was more amplified.

haven't we been through this before with a low pressure system to the northwest northeast of the   great lakes as depicted on the GFS ? That is not a favorable set up for us - the high pressure is too far northeast and moving away 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haven't we been through this before with a low pressure system to the northwest northeast of the great lakes as depicted on the GFS ? That is not a favorable set up for us - the high pressure is too far northeast and moving away

Polar low not pacific low. The temps and HP aren't the issue. My concern is whether the flow is slow enough to allow the streams to phase and if they do will it be too late.

Eastern regions have a better chance overall.

Gfs also tries to do something with the disturbance on Wed, which screws things up for Friday.

Polar low not pacific low. The temps and HP aren't the issue. My concern is whether the flow is slow enough to allow the streams to phase and if they do will it be too late.

Eastern regions have a better chance overall.

Gfs also tries to do something with the disturbance on Wed, which screws things up for Friday.

there is not going to be any real phasing in that setup - you are correct - flow too fast - doesn't have enough blocking in front of it

People said the same thing with this past storm. You still have a positive pna. Flow isnt that fast. Timing issues once again.

Same thing with the temps. A week out, forecasting agencies had our Friday temps at 37, but in the end, we didn't crack freezing on either day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jb likes feb 5-8 1967 as an analog for next storm.Time to track it.

I got an idea - when you quote someone off their twitter page  qoute the whole tweet - he also said in that tweet that the amounts would likely be lower then the Feb 7th 1967 storm - that storm delivered 15 inches in NYC

I got an idea - when you quote someone off their twitter page  qoute the whole tweet - he also said in that tweet that the amounts would likely be lower then the Feb 7th 1967 storm - that storm delivered 15 inches in NYC

He thinks 6 to 12 . We will see . 

February 1967 was two separate storms...The first one on Monday the 6th put down 2.7" and it cleared up late afternoon...By midnight it was cloudy again with snow developing...It snowed 12.5" and ended late in the afternoon...15.2" for the two events...15" snow depth after both storms...,

Feb 67..one of my favorite childhood storms.NYC public schools we're closed..Listened to WABC all day for the latest forecast all day with Kind Of A Drag,Ruby Tuesday and 98.6 on the radio

February 1967 had many chances... Atlantic city got an 18" storm about a week later but NYC got 2"...

Archived