Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"DTVaWeatherman ‏@DTVaWeatherman  2h2 hours ago

BLIZZARD WARNING FOR NYC FOR 2-4" or 3-6 " of snow? what a public relations m night mare that will be"

Can't believe he just wrote this.

I can. He keeps coming in here and trolling us. Saying the euro doesn't have a double barrel low. Just let us take our loss. Hopefully RIC gets screwed.

"DTVaWeatherman@DTVaWeatherman 2h2 hours ago

BLIZZARD WARNING FOR NYC FOR 2-4" or 3-6 " of snow? what a public relations m night mare that will be"

Can't believe he just wrote this.

He has been on a rant in the MA forum as to why Richmond isn't under a blizzard watch yet other areas are. Woe is him, etc etc.

Sent from my XT603 using Tapatalk 2

I remember it was a 18z NAM run that saved the boxing day blizzard for us. 

You inspired me to look back at the old threads. (Fun reading btw when you know the result is awesome, going from desperation to glee!) I believe  It was actually a 0Z GFS that gave us hope and the 12Z GFS 48 hrs out that hit us and made us all very happy campers.

Judging by his comments here earlier, he doesn't know the definition of a blizzard. Lol

He may be right that given the population here is so massive a winter storm watch may be more warranted. If they go blizzard warning they hopefully hammer hard the idea that blizzard means nothing as far as snow amounts and it's strictly based off winds

He may be right that given the population here is so massive a winter storm watch may be more warranted. If they go blizzard warning they hopefully hammer hard the idea that blizzard means nothing as far as snow amounts and it's strictly based off winds

Cmon, the public won't hear any caveats... they will simply latch onto the B word... 

Let's just admit that he's being a weenie because his backyard will see over a foot but they won't issue a blizzard warning for Richmond. 

My neighbor is test running his snowblower outside at the moment. Long Island is jinxed.

The NAM run so far is exciting, but the global model consensus and the mets on this board have me convinced this will not be a prolific storm for us. 

I think that the consistency of the NAM over the past 5 or so runs has to give one pause to dismiss. Yes, it's the NAM, but usually you can use that line of thinking when it bounces all over the place from run to run.

Then when you are start to see  models such as UKMET and SREF's show some healthy returns; well, I'll just saw that it makes for another interesting night of model reading.

What's another night of sleep deprivation?

I think that the consistency of the NAM over the past 5 or so runs has to give one pause to dismiss. Yes, it's the NAM, but usually you can use that line of thinking when it bounces all over the place from run to run.

Then when you are start to see  models such as UKMET and SREF's show some healthy returns; well, I'll just saw that it makes for another interesting night of model reading.

What's another night of sleep deprivation?

It does give me some pause. Definitely more interested in the GFS in an hour now.

But I think most people are perceptive enough not to take it at face value. That said, this is a pretty unpredictable storm, and I feel really, really bad for mets and forecasters in the area.

Archived