joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

North trend in NYC : trends too much leaves nyc with rain and hammers SNE.

South trend: hammers DC, shades of feb 2010 are brought back.

Gnite folks, there was a major loss of weenies today in the nyc forum. I use to be so optomistic , wow.

Ya know I can take a crap winter, they happen frequently. What I can't take is all the hype over a storm which, TBH, never had us in the crosshairs. It just doesn't wanna snow here this winter. At least in 2010 there were some decent consolation prizes. I go to bed thinking we are back in the game, wake up and find things have trended worse on the models that count. The NAM is a joke; all the crap models say we get some decent snows and the good ones say not really. Worse, you have a few mets here ( which for the most part are just people with a BS ) who gave us hope. Still time to change? Doubt it. Lived through too many busts for that. I don't think DC and Balt will see the huge amounts depicted:  I think they will get a good storm but the big numbers are in the mountains which means about as much to most folks as a blizzard in Nebraska. In other words nothing. Go ahead, throw some weenies my way. That winter Condo in FL with the good bass fishing is looking better by the day...and a trip to home depot to get parts for my second sump pump revealed a  madhouse of people buying pallets of salt and grabbing shovels. really people? You don't own a shovel after the last 2 winters? I give up. I wanna move where it never snows. Enough.

I have never weenied more people on this forum in one night as I have tonight. Also, if this winds up being a miss for the NYC metro or we only receive lighter snow amounts then "it is what it is" as disappointing as it may be.

make sure you send a few my way. I prefer kosher, though I'm not Jewish. Just like em better....

I am still liking 12" for the city and will stick to that until after the 12z runs tomorrow and then adjust accordingly.

we get 12 I will buy you a dozen weenies at your favorite hot dog wagon on Roosevelt Ave....we can eat them across from the fine view of the MVC, Rahway Prison and the garbage incinerator....and watch the scenic Rahway river carry its dreck to the oil slicked Arthur Kill. Yeah, I need a fishing trip somewhere warm real bad. Who's got Mulen's address?

No way the NAM's last two runs verify. That said, I think we'll see a NAM-like track about 50 miles south. This would give us Upton's totals. Along with that, I think we'd get disputable blizzard conditions. 8-16 area wide. Staten Island gets 12-18.

No way the NAM's last two runs verify. That said, I think we'll see a NAM-like track about 50 miles south. This would give us Upton's totals. Along with that, I think we'd get disputable blizzard conditions. 8-16 area wide. Staten Island gets 12-18.

Uptons has us up here getting 4-5" lol.. 6z NAM had me getting flurries, If it took a track 50 miles south I could bring out the sun tan lotion lol..

Absolutely cannot say that for sure...Any solution is on the table.

Last year we were in the crosshairs for a 2ft+ storm 2-3 days before the storm and we lost it to Boston (yes LI did get hit) last minute. This year DC is in the cross hairs for a 2ft+ storm on virtually every model since Saturday basically and it never waivers for them. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived