joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't want to add to insult, but it looks like areas around DC, and NC have more snow then us already, LOL. It's snowing in Eastern NC right now.

Some solid call about this winter being a lower MA special were made earlier this winter and at least now they look to panning out.

This could be a winter DC sees more snow then Boston. Even us possibly

Some solid call about this winter being a lower MA special were made earlier this winter and at least now they look to panning out.

This could be a winter DC sees more snow then Boston. Even us possibly

Seen it before. Frankly, I am sick of following this stuff, people think I'm an idiot for even wanting a snow storm, and it has turned into an incredible waste of time following models that rarely amount to much when I could have been reading a book or doing something useful. And I don't give a rat's tush about snow in DC or Baltimore, I could care less.

I was little in the 80s but I remember my old man calling a phone number for the weather report. It was like a NOAA weather radio channel but on the phone. You probably remember that!

Even in the Blizzard of 1996. you had to rely on NOAA weather radio because my carrier cut out the Weather Channel after 6:00 P.M. for Sportschannel America. In fact two days before the storm, someone on NOAA weather radio out of Upton said: 'There are models which wouldn't give us much snow, but there are others that absolutely insist on giving New York a great deal of snow'.

Seen it before. Frankly, I am sick of following this stuff, people think I'm an idiot for even wanting a snow storm, and it has turned into an incredible waste of time following models that rarely amount to much when I could have been reading a book or doing something useful. And I don't give a rat's tush about snow in DC or Baltimore, I could care less.

I feel ya. That's why I said if this whiffs, I'll never look at another model again. It really does just add up to a whole lot of wasted time and late nights when I need to be up at 4:30. Unfortunately, it's like a drug addiction.

It was mentioned in the other thread about the Blizzard of 96 pulling NW into NYC at the last minute. Yes, you would think the models would be much better then 20 years ago but reality is, it's probably the same systems.

I also noted in a previous post about how I think the models have gotten worse the past few years. Maybe it's the 25 year old systems breaking down. You don't think the government or governments will tell you it's old technology and needs replacement do you?

Edit.. think of some of the military hardware still in use or recently retired. The B52, B2, SR-71 Blackbird, F14 Tomcat, A10 Warthog, The F16, the legendary M2 Browning Ma Duece... **** is old as skunk. Gets updated but the frame is still a 40 year old frame.

Archived