• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 22-23 East Coast Storm Discussion

Wow

925 analysis shows the CAD wedge fairly well.

This thing is just getting going. As has been noted, the coastal has not even formed yet, and the primary with its ull support is rather weak and diffuse. Radar should fill back in once the coastal forms.

Yeah you should see the radar blossom over GA as the coastal blows up.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4km nam rly picks up on some cooling under the extremely intense band that moves through..

post-8878-0-61579900-1453477265_thumb.pn

Now let's see what rly falls for rdu.... Guys this is badpost-8878-0-76851200-1453477302_thumb.pn

Winds will also be gusting to 20-30mph during peak zr.... And 4km keeps surface temp below freezing the whole time.

12z gfs also picking up on this and keeps wake co below freezing with heavy heavy precip

Once the low pops in the atlantic we're going to have a significant period of snow overnight and then the backside snows tomorrow morning. There is PLENTY of moisture available. And by tonight the thermal column will support snow for most across NC/VA. Dont give up folks! Patience will be rewarded.

Once the energy transfer is complete, the bulk of the precip will be heavier to our east than here in the Triad which is exactly what the NAM is indicating with their swath of heavier stuff in East-Central NC

Same for here(Valdese Burke County) but is that additional snowfall or does that include what has already falling?

If that is new snowfall how are we going to get that much I mean 8-12 what do they see :o

That's total.  I'm thinking they see the precip really building over WNC/SC at the coastal forms.

Once the energy transfer is complete, the bulk of the precip will be heavier to our east than here in the Triad which is exactly what the NAM is indicating with their swath of heavier stuff in East-Central NC

I agree.  I have not given up hope, but our possible foot of snow has gone out the window.  I would say 6 tops now.  That is what NWS is saying.  I don't hold out much hope of that buildback into WNC.  Hope I'm wrong.

I don't know how the wedge skipped me and went to the NE Ga areas are at 30 or so, and I'm 33! It literally looks like it hit 85 and went due west!

that is odd, its 30 and a pretty good glaze at this point. i am at a little higher elevation maybe? looks like precip is developing in n ga so hopefully everyone will get in on the winter wx action

edited to add: some of the radars are showing snow but here, at least, its sleet and zr

Archived