• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 17-18th Cape Scrape and Inverted Trough

USCAPEWEATHERAF

I don't mean that they think 2" is the min, they are using that as their "expected" amount. Probabilities by town would make 1-3 an appropriate range.

While that wouldn't be shocking given some of the mesos..I think to expect 1-2 would be a good mindset....and if 3 happens in a few towns..that's getting the last piece of pizza when 3 people want it

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

expecting a trace to half inch from Arctic front here, congrats somewhere Jerry to Jeffafa

Has a nice look to it. You'll be surprised that you're shoveling in the morning

Four days ago,.my tweet

I am more impressed with Sunday night Monday potential for the coastline

advisory

What up Steve. Enjoy

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST MONDAY

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER

WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW

WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST

MONDAY.

* LOCATIONS

EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS EXCEPT THE CAPE COD

ISLANDS

RHODE ISLAND EXCEPT BLOCK ISLAND

AND WINDHAM COUNTY

IN CONNECTICUT.

* HAZARD TYPES

SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS

SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 4 INCHES.

* TIMING

THIS EVENING THROUGH MID MORNING MONDAY.

* IMPACTS

HAZARDOUS TRAVEL.

* WINDS

NORTHWEST 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES

IN THE UPPER 20S.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN SNOW AND/OR ICE IS

FORECAST TO DEVELOP IN THE AFFECTED AREAS

BUT ACCUMULATIONS ARE

EXPECTED TO BE LIGHT. ANY SNOW OR ICE WOULD RESULT IN SLIPPERY

CONDITIONS ON UNTREATED ROADWAYS AND SIDEWALKS. WHEN

TEMPERATURES ARE BELOW FREEZING

MOTORISTS NEED TO BE ESPECIALLY

CAREFUL ON BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES WHERE SLIPPERY SPOTS CAN EASILY

DEVELOP.

amp

Not really a CT event unfortunately... 

look at the Box map that was posted. Not that I disagree with you, but you can't just say "it's not a CT event unfortunately" like that is the consensus forecast with our NWS regional office throwing out 2"s and 3"s.

That seems like a pretty bullish area to have under an advisory but I guess it's partially due to the uncertainty of where the norlun sets up so they figure better safe than sorry?

18z GFS comes close though... QPF is fairly widespread in Eastern Mass.

If that verifies it would fit with the Advisory counties quite nicely.  Usually some decent ratios in these things, too. 

18z GFS comes close though... QPF is fairly widespread in Eastern Mass.

If that verifies it would fit with the Advisory counties quite nicely. Usually some decent ratios in these things, too.

gfs_tprecip_neng_11.png

Yeah that'll do it for most verbatim -- sweet look. I was more skeptical about central MA and Windham county in CT but I guess .2" QPF at 15:1 would do it and that's not totally out of the ballpark.

nice,can you.bump my post from four days ago when I posted I like Sunday Monday look out for INVT and you told me no model had an INVT ha. Hopefully I bust low

We actually first started talking about the possibility on Jan 13th, though back then it was a longshot...I remember discussing the Euro output of it. In retrospect fairly impressive that it will end up panning out somewhat close.

You're just upset that this type of event doesn't favor you. Just like it doesn't favor me versus Plymouth or Gloucester. 

I could care less who it favors. My point is every event whether it be snow or severe..you always make it look like BOS is the best place to be. A great example was yesterday..We're all getting snow tonight. So let's all enjoy the event 

I could care less who it favors. My point is every event whether it be snow or severe..you always make it look like BOS is the best place to be. A great example was yesterday..We're all getting snow tonight. So let's all enjoy the event 

You are aware that I just moved back to BOS for the first time in close to 5 years two weeks ago? I was in Northeast MA 40min north of BOS and a few miles from NH border the past 2 1/2 years. The 2 years before that I was in Baltimore MD. The year before that I was in Bridgton ME. 

What would be the basis or history of me trying to make BOS look like the best place to be? Nice try 

Archived