joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so the 6z GEFS actually looked good in the very long range, after a blah 0z and absolutely awful GGEM and EPS.  12z GEFS totally flipped to exactly what the EPS had last night for day 15.  I cant post the EPS graphics but its just a copy of todays GEFS.  Not sure there is anyway to spin this as anything positive.  Only good thing I can say is when you look at the members there is definitely a two camp idea with several members having a very different look long term and it keeps changing its mind which way to go.  So by no means do I think this evolution is set in stone but its a pretty bad look that has shown up now several times on the EPS GGEM and GEFS heading into what we hope would be our prime time period. 

post-2304-0-82557600-1452887116_thumb.gi

so the 6z GEFS actually looked good in the very long range, after a blah 0z and absolutely awful GGEM and EPS.  12z GEFS totally flipped to exactly what the EPS had last night for day 15.  I cant post the EPS graphics but its just a copy of todays GEFS.  Not sure there is anyway to spin this as anything positive.  Only good thing I can say is when you look at the members there is definitely a two camp idea with several members having a very different look long term and it keeps changing its mind which way to go.  So by no means do I think this evolution is set in stone but its a pretty bad look that has shown up now several times on the EPS GGEM and GEFS heading into what we hope would be our prime time period. 

attachicon.gifohcrap.gif

although I appreciate your posts always, I have no faith whatsoever in the ensembles this year

seems to me that there was a choice between 2 camps of super Ninos, one with + snows and the other with way -

so far, we're in the 2nd camp; does it change is the only question I have

this year is different than another other super Ninos so that's where I'll hang my hat

EURO ens looks like they backed off the Fri event a bit today, but honestly as PSU just stated the LR doesn't look that terrible....This kinda sucks though. 

they are bouncing around like crazy run to run.  GFS is kinda blah at 0z, great at 6z, absolutely awful at 12z.  EPS has a few days with a decent long range look then flips to absolute torch last night.  GGEM looked good then last night flipped warm now 12z flipped back to a good look day 13-15.  Havent seen the EPS yet but whats the point...the models cannot get a handle on the pattern right now and are just flipping around run to run.  They are doing the same with the day 7 snow threat too but its still showing enough signal not to give up on it yet. 

although I appreciate your posts always, I have no faith whatsoever in the ensembles this year

seems to me that there was a choice between 2 camps of super Ninos, one with + snows and the other with way -

so far, we're in the 2nd camp; does it change is the only question I have

this year is different than another other super Ninos so that's where I'll hang my hat

Oh I agree...just basically said so in my last post... I am just observing what they guidance suggests day to day, but I have no faith in its accuracy.  Its flipping around run to run like I have rarely seen before. 

Oh I agree...just basically said so in my last post... I am just observing what they guidance suggests day to day, but I have no faith in its accuracy.  Its flipping around run to run like I have rarely seen before. 

Jb is having his worst winter ever...and thats saying alot

Jb is having his worst winter ever...and thats saying alot

how is this any different then every other year, unless EVERYTHING is lined up where there is just no way on gods green earth it can snow he predicts a snowy winter for the major cities then he spends all winter chasing snow, hyping every single possible threat and predicting the worst case scenario to happen.  When a snowy period does hit he looks like a genius and the other 90% of the time he looks like an idiot.   The only difference this year is we have not had any snow at all yet so he is 100% idiot. 

Archived