joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 16th Nor' Easter & Observations

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The high leaves so its done .  The guidance saw that 3/4 days ago and it was over .

He is holding onto an 18z run from a week ago.

Good call R/vs OTS

I really like how the new parallel Euro set to go operational in March had a warmer run 

before the old Euro and GFS. The other models are also converging on a stronger

secondary low closer to the coast with more of a warm push ahead of the storm

which the parallel had first.

The warmest KSWF gets during the entire storm is 35.7 degrees on the 12z GFS. If the folks living down in coastal NJ or Central NJ want to throw in the towel that's understandable but you don't need a major change to deliver the goods inland.

Yeah this is far from over up here.. If you are 45+ miles NW/N/NE from NYC I would still keep an eye on this

I really like how the new parallel Euro set to go operational in March had a warmer run 

before the old Euro and GFS. The other models are also converging on a stronger

secondary low closer to the coast with more of a warm push ahead of the storm

which the parallel had first.

It did . Took LP into the OHV when the other were OTS . 

So the 12z ECMWF lost the idea of the short wave trough in the Ohio Valley closing off, which is a big deal for those N/W of the Lower Hudson Valley. This means less of an influence from your primary and we have to monitor this to see if there is even less influence over the next 48 hours. There is a distinct possibility that the short wave is able to dig a bit further now, given that there is some better spacing with the height field. This would in turn open up the idea that the system would be able to close-off near the Delmarva, which needless to say, would give the NYC sub-burbs a decent shot a yet another colder solution in the subsequent runs later this evening. Additionally, if you take a look at the 850mb Rel Humidity/Temp progs, you can see a classic example of dynamic cooling taking place and the embryonic stages of a high trying to build (just a little too late) up in Canada. In my opinion, if you have the surface and mid-level lows a bit deeper and nudged further east once the system is near the coast, then portions of NJ, NY state, and CT would have a shot at some wet snow this weekend. 

Basically, all I'm saying is just keep a weary eye on this system. It's highly dynamic and I am confident we're not done seeing changes 

(All images are courtesy of the MUWIC and are in compliance with our contract with Accuweather)  

850mb RH/Temp/ Wind 

8ea7c018f1f691c823b17496dedfbc01.png

700mb VVEL 

65c6e30c5d1091931685c140fb198622.png

Archived