joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/long Range Winter Discussion

Wow

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will I have egg on my face with this one? The GFS says yes. I will take some humble pie in exchange for snow- but still want to see the Doc come on board.....

EDIT: GFS has a 1-2" event from AL to north GA- fast movement is on reason amounts are kept down. Still, with cold air following this could be a mess on the roads if this comes to pass.

That very weak low  over New England messes with the phase and does quite get it going.  It's very close, a little more separation and boom.  I'll bet you several ensemble members are going to be big.

I was thinking the same thing. If that isn't there or is a little more separated from this storm, it would likely be a much bigger deal on the 12z.

I was thinking the same thing. If that isn't there or is a little more separated from this storm, it would likely be a much bigger deal on the 12z.

It's trending weaker with the lobe and more consolidated with the first storm over the NE, which will allow HP to build in faster ahead of our storm.

Will I have egg on my face with this one? The GFS says yes. I will take some humble pie in exchange for snow- but still want to see the Doc come on board.....

EDIT: GFS has a 1-2" event from AL to north GA- fast movement is on reason amounts are kept down. Still, with cold air following this could be a mess on the roads if this comes to pass.

Agreed, I was feeling 50/50 on this Sunday system, but if Dr. No goes all in on this today, I'll be ready to dive right in with it.

Archived