• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

Just for fun obviously, but the 00z Canadian control run has a Miller A for Feb 8-9, starting to see storms evolve out of a fantasy pattern on LR operationals such as the 06z GFS run. 

Southern energy in GOM, N+S energy phase shortly after

Boom goes the dynamite. For those of you who are curious, that's a 979mb low

Nice!  Probably a sleet storm for the Triangle with a low in that spot.  Hopefully, the signal remains and it doesn't trend north and west.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storms Fury was in an accident last night. He posted this morning on Facebook that he was "in good spirits...a few fractures...and in the hospital"

Head over to his page, Mike Blanton, and send some encouragement. It's one thing we get right in the South.

Thanks...

hit by a truck on his bike, hate to hear that.  prayers going up for him.

amazing how the local tv guys wont forecast snow until it is falling but jp dice last night 6 days in advance is barking about tornadoes.....the point is tornadoes are localized events and you never know exactly where they will happen but the entire area NEVER gets hit by them, while snow on the other hand IF it happens is very widespread and impacts everybody.

This is unfortunately sounding almost like a repeat of last year. Everyone was talking about how great things were looking for Feb and it turned into disaster around here. I'm sure you guys up north will do fine but in the deep south I'm afraid it will be another case of too little, too late. The sun angle is already increasing quite a bit and I really don't have any faith in wintry weather after Feb 15 in any year.

This is unfortunately sounding almost like a repeat of last year. Everyone was talking about how great things were looking for Feb and it turned into disaster around here. I'm sure you guys up north will do fine but in the deep south I'm afraid it will be another case of too little, too late. The sun angle is already increasing quite a bit and I really don't have any faith in wintry weather after Feb 15 in any year.

lol...

amazing how the local tv guys wont forecast snow until it is falling but jp dice last night 6 days in advance is barking about tornadoes.....the point is tornadoes are localized events and you never know exactly where they will happen but the entire area NEVER gets hit by them, while snow on the other hand IF it happens is very widespread and impacts everybody.

The difference is, if he's wrong about the tornadoes and busts, people don't care or are even happy that he busted, so they don't complain.

If he busts with snow, it's the south and people whine and complain like crazy when there's even a remote chance of snow that doesn't pan out.

Mike (stormsfury) is being recommended for back surgery to insert screws into his lower back after his accident last night. Everyone please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. His Facebook is Mike Blanton if anyone wants to send him a message.

Thanks for reposting here. I'm quite nervous about tomorrow but it's better than hearing screech and next thing getting airborne in what seems like a split second.

Thanks for reposting here. I'm quite nervous about tomorrow but it's better than hearing screech and next thing getting airborne in what seems like a split second.

Good luck man! Sorry to hear about your accident! I know you don't post alot, but when you do, they are quality posts and usually are good news for snow lovers! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Archived