12bet1 net
January 2016 Pattern Disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this the NYC thread?

Arent you in the Domincan on vacation? Lol. Enjoy it and get away from here

NYC is hilarious. You have PB who knows his stuff , but is just so arrogant about it that it makes it hard to read, vs all the warm weenies who don't know a thing about the wx. It's like there's no moderators there.

I'm on your side on this. I just figured someone would come in flailing around about ignoring it until d5 or so

Op runs are a mess right now

Yea, I now you are.

Wasn't directed at you, but more using your reply as a forum to voice that opinion.

The reason why this gets so frustrating is because we focus on specific threats so intensely beginning at such extended leads, that we aren't even conscious of the fact that this entails a forfeiture of our larger scale perspective on the seasonal progression as a whole.

Before we know it, the forest is veiled by the trees, and the disappointment and frustration experienced by investing so much time and energy into a lost cause poisons are sentiment regarding the overall tenor of the season as a whole.

I noticed this happening yesterday, as a long range once replete with promise seemed to have been besieged by the cutter-gestapo.

I chose to step back in lieu of melting, and reclaim my hold on the larger scale perspective that had slipped away.

IMO, we're in a transitional pattern that will feature some cold shots and some moderation until near mid-month +/- a few days when I suspect a more sustained cold pattern sets in. Any chance of snow before that time would probably be a bonus. Should the AO-/PNA+ hold, opportunities for snowfall will exist. So, at least at this point in time, the swings in the operational guidance don't worry me too much.

Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Archived