joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid-Atlantic winter 2015-16 snowfall contest

PrinceFrederickWx

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, we're ready to go. 63 entries! Everyone who posted a forecast up until now is in. Any new calls will be ignored completely lol

I guess I'll give ohleary a few days to get back to me regarding the tiebreaker- if not, he gets put down for 12.00" liquid precip.

I'll be back after our first accumulating snow with an update.

Doubtful anyone smokes you. But while it's unlikely RIC beats out DCA in any year, it's most probable during a strong El Nino, IMO.

People overlook the potential 1972-73 had. VA was not that far north of an area that received incredible amounts of snowfall. Had the February storm tracked, say 300 miles farther north, that season would be remembered differently and probably change people's perceptions about super nino years. 1997-98 appears to be the only season that did not feature a blockbuster snowstorm on the east coast. So, I will take my chances and go high given that 2 out of 3 cases delivered huge snows in the east.

Also, Norfolk received 9.1" from a single snowstorm in January 1973, yet another indicator of the potential that season had.

• 1 month later...

These are the totals I have so far:

DCA: 18.8 (pending controversy)

IAD: 29.8

BWI: 30.0

RIC: 12.1

Current leaderboard:

weatherCCB: (4.8)

midatlanticweather (4.9)

Highstakes: (6.2)

wxdude64: (6.4)

SNO: (7.4)

Numbers above are combined absolute value departure. Pasting spreadsheet cells didn't work. weatherCCB is right on the money for IAD.

Archived