joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid-Atlantic winter 2015-16 snowfall contest

PrinceFrederickWx

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and the "Ts" have it for April 9!  I was worried when I saw the radar mid-morning Saturday with some dark blue returns over DC.  

We had a very cool graupel shower around 11:00 a.m. in Hanover County, VA

Made you sweat a bit!  I'll get you next winter ;)  Although, I think anyone who goes less than 10 inches at all airports next year will have a chance to win the contest.  Hope I am wrong and our luck with AN snow continues for years to come!

Yeah, I got 1.4" IMBY, but none of the airports got anything, so the seasonal totals are the same:

DCA: 22.2"
IAD: 34.3"
BWI: 35.1"
RIC: 15.1"

Since it's April 11 and there doesn't appear to be any more winter weather threats, I think we're good to officially call it now- so Shadowzone is our champion! Congratulations! Attached is your eTrophy! (I hope the font wasn't too small, but it has your name on it)  :lol:

Below are the rest of the top ten (and departures in parenthesis):

2. gopper (7.7)
3. HighStakes (11.2)
T-4. wxdude64 (11.6)
T-4. SNO (11.6)
6. das (12.1)
7. Warrior Bigfoot (15.4)
8. nj2va (16.0)
9. dailylurker (16.9)
10. WxWatcher007 (17.0)

Of course, if the tiebreaker was its own contest I would've won  :whistle: - maybe I should just do a contest for February precip at BWI next year  :lol:

I've decided I'll be taking a long hiatus from this forum (unless there's some really extreme event like a tornado IMBY or a big tropical event). I'll still be updating my BWI records page (link is in my signature) so anyone who needs to contact me can post a comment there.

This was a very fun contest to have- thanks to everyone who played! I will be back in early/mid November with a snow contest for next winter- enjoy your summer and I'll see you all then!

Thank you for your work in keeping us updated PrinceFrederickWx - 'twas quite fun and nice to be the blind squirrel!

I don't think its goofy.  The fact its happened twice, both in strong El Ninos, and we currently have a very strong El Nino, suggests its quite possible.  I don't think we will be that screwed, but I certainly don't *know* that. 

We have a similar contest in the office.  Almost everyone is lower than my forecast.

So, did you win the office pool?  Our rationale for our submissions was the same, I just got lucky by picking a little higher for the big storm totals.

Archived