• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 8 weeks of crazy, my look ahead for the rest of 2015

Ginx snewx

For fun, a look ahead  for SNE from W/E November 14th up until Jan 2 2016. Using some various methods I put together a couple of years ago to try and picture how the atmosphere will evolve. A very generalized and broad look at the rest of the year.

W/E 11/14

The week should feature a way above normal period mainly dry with some minor frontal rains.

+ 5 to +7 for the period

W/E 11/21

The story of this week will be an intense Great Lakes low which will sweep mild and wetter conditions up the coast  followed by a very strong frontal passage leading to a briefly colder couple of days    +4 to + 6 for the period. gales possible

W/E 11/28

Starting out chilly and stormy  transitioning to a  mild turkey day, should be pretty dry  but with strong radiational cooling +1 to +2

W/E 12/5

A major pattern change evolves with a possible major East Coast storm similar to Dec 2003 except a tad warmer which may cause coastal rains -2 to -3

W/E 12/12

The start of the week could feature a 95 corridor slow moving cold snowstorm which could be stalled and major then a quick transition to another mild period +1, 0

W/E 12/19

A complete relaxation of the pattern with warmer and drier than normal conditions with windy days + 2 + 3

W/E 12/26

A  warm week with a large wet storm which could cut or hug the coast, possible Grinch type changing to snow as an Arctic boundary intrudes +2 to +3

W/E 1/2

cold to a warmer week  with tranquil conditions with  another arctic blast on the doorstep + 2 to +3

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree ... nice, "stab in ribs" of the winter anxious.  

Altho, I might even suggest turning the blade in Schadenfreude because the teleconnectors and now the machine guidance based upon operational intervals are all flagging about double the +5 to +7 anomalies ;) 

we'll see -

For fun, a look ahead  for SNE from W/E November 14th up until Jan 2 2016. Using some various methods I put together a couple of years ago to try and picture how the atmosphere will evolve. A very generalized and broad look at the rest of the year.

W/E 11/14

The week should feature a way above normal period mainly dry with some minor frontal rains.

+ 5 to +7 for the period

Wait, an additional torch after this coming week? I thought it was supposed to cool down a bit. Dang!

Archived