joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 8 weeks of crazy, my look ahead for the rest of 2015

Ginx snewx

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't as bad as Scott, though.....he was done, completely bailed on the season, and in between rant sessions, I did reassert that we just had to see a big comeback given the preponderance of the evidence heading into the season.

you had moments of despair

Posted 9 January 2015 - 12:15 PM
  • photo-thumb-100.jpg?_r=1425515720
  •  
  • member.png
  • 27,812 posts
  • Joined November 12, 2010
I may as well challenge my season of futility, 1979-'80 at this rate. Another frustrating showing today. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For fun, a look ahead  for SNE from W/E November 14th up until Jan 2 2016. Using some various methods I put together a couple of years ago to try and picture how the atmosphere will evolve. A very generalized and broad look at the rest of the year.

W/E 11/14

The week should feature a way above normal period mainly dry with some minor frontal rains.

+ 5 to +7 for the period

W/E 11/21

The story of this week will be an intense Great Lakes low which will sweep mild and wetter conditions up the coast  followed by a very strong frontal passage leading to a briefly colder couple of days    +4 to + 6 for the period. gales possible

W/E 11/28

Starting out chilly and stormy  transitioning to a  mild turkey day, should be pretty dry  but with strong radiational cooling +1 to +2

W/E 12/5

A major pattern change evolves with a possible major East Coast storm similar to Dec 2003 except a tad warmer which may cause coastal rains -2 to -3

W/E 12/12

The start of the week could feature a 95 corridor slow moving cold snowstorm which could be stalled and major then a quick transition to another mild period +1, 0

W/E 12/19

A complete relaxation of the pattern with warmer and drier than normal conditions with windy days + 2 + 3

W/E 12/26

A  warm week with a large wet storm which could cut or hug the coast, possible Grinch type changing to snow as an Arctic boundary intrudes +2 to +3

W/E 1/2

cold to a warmer week  with tranquil conditions with  another arctic blast on the doorstep + 2 to +3

Time to throw out the trash and up date, first terrible first weeks of Dec, good Grinch week call and end of year. Huge bust on temps along with the rest of the Met world, wow what a torch! But just for fun now,  I expect to see the following 8 weeks to be not torchy, the lowest heights are in Eastern Canada and we will predominately be under a Pos PNA Neg AO regime with some blocking at times, here goes

For fun, a look ahead  for SNE from W/E Jan 16th up until March 13th 2016. Using some various methods I put together a couple of years ago to try and picture how the atmosphere will evolve. A very generalized and broad look at the rest of the winter

W/E 1/16

A strong Arctic intrusion with a potential Miller B evolution, very cold with wind chills to the bone , -4 to -5

W/E 1/23

The week should feature cold with a shot at a clipper system then a relaxation by the 23rd with normal temps returning -2. -3

W/E 1/30

The Jan thaw makes a brief entrance fr 2-3 days with mild 40s  a cutter and then zonal flow then a cold front issues in normal temps + 2, +3

W/E 02/07

potentially the stormiest week of the period, arctic cold follows a coastal snow storm around the 7th , AO PNA NAO all strongly negative -,1 -2

W/E 2/14

Temps relax to near normal and it should be dry with maybe a quick clipper prior to a strong cold intrusion 0,+1

W/E 2/21

This is the time frame for a possible KU with huge tidal implications if stalled, very cold then quiet and normal  -,2-3

W/E 2/28

A complete relaxation of the pattern with warmer and drier than normal conditions with windy days + 2 + 3

W/E 03/06

March comes in like a lion, heavy snow with Arctic air and winds, squalls then  deep cold -5,-6

W/E 03-13

Still cold then a relaxation as winter winds down -, 2-3

Steve, looks as though we agree regarding favored times for a big fish:

There will absolutely be a storm/blizzard of historic proportions along the east coast this season. Whether it favors the interior, or coast remains to be seen, but someone will have infrastructure paralyzed for a spell of time. It should also be noted that it will not take as much snow in order to cause disruption, as the vast majority of the snow that falls should be of a much wetter consistency than what was observed last season in this area, which will be heavier and further complicate this issue of removal greatly. The earlier that takes place, the more likely it is to favor the deep interior. I am confident that it will occur within one of the three following windows:The last week of January, the first 10 days of February, or the first two weeks of March. Perhaps timing may prove erroneous, but an outright failure of this to occur will be considered an abject failure of the Eastern Mass blog as it relates to this particular outlook.

Archived