• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 8 weeks of crazy, my look ahead for the rest of 2015

Ginx snewx

what I point out is if a storm occurs during a full moon they tend to be more intense. The moon doesn't cause storms.

Ahhh I always understood it differently. That's a good clarification.

We know you put a good deal of work into these and I'm sure you have your methods. Different than someone like DIT just throwing a wild guess out there based on gut fears.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh I always understood it differently. That's a good clarification.

We know you put a good deal of work into these and I'm sure you have your methods. Different than someone like DIT just throwing a wild guess out there based on gut fears.

its not voodoo, all science based. Not that dead accurate but in the ballpark in the last 3 years

Isn't CIPS a COOP based map or product? I know their analog maps are based on COOP data.

As we have discussed, there can be differences in mapping snowfall of Coops and reality haha.

Yes, they are based on Coop snowfall. Surely there is a smoothing scheme and interpolation between Coop sites too. You'll see often that MWN has a pretty big radius of influence on the area surrounding it, even though it's very clearly not representative of northern NH.

Yes, they are based on Coop snowfall. Surely there is a smoothing scheme and interpolation between Coop sites too. You'll see often that MWN has a pretty big radius of influence on the area surrounding it, even though it's very clearly not representative of northern NH.

Yeah and the smoothing ignored the 20" total at ORH and the 18+ at Buffemville Lake south of them.

That's sick.

What an epic swath of 18"+ from Alabama to NNE. And even spot 30-48" within that.

The media circus around something like this would be insane. Hope we do it again sometime.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

The Forum circus would be insane.  Not a chance in he**  that the forum wouldn't crash for days on end..... with everyone trying to get back in every 30 seconds freaking out.

Archived