joxey
The 8 weeks of crazy, my look ahead for the rest of 2015

Ginx snewx

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you had 14 on the 24th,asked Will but no response,any story on that one

I didn't see your posts earlier.

It was basically a front end slug of moisture from a system to our SW that eventually got squashed underneath us. I recall a lot of snow in a short period...we flipped to pellets in ORH of all things even though the airmass was marginal. It was mostly rain south of the pike. A little snow and sleet near beginning.  

I didn't see your posts earlier.

It was basically a front end slug of moisture from a system to our SW that eventually got squashed underneath us. I recall a lot of snow in a short period...we flipped to pellets in ORH of all things even though the airmass was marginal. It was mostly rain south of the pike. A little snow and sleet near beginning.

thanks, I was in Maine that week at Sugarloaf, no snow that week but depths were insane.

92-93 and 93-94 were epic winters up at our house in the Poconos. We had 20"+ from 3/13/93 and a 3-foot snowpack in March '94. Over 100" fell in the 93-94 season, pushing records.

Been a while since we've seen an interior winter like that. 06-07 was a bit similar, but the gradient was farther north with a warmer January and longer periods of torching.

That's sick.

What an epic swath of 18"+ from Alabama to NNE. And even spot 30-48" within that.

The media circus around something like this would be insane. Hope we do it again sometime.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I've always wondered if March '93 produced the greatest volume of snow of any east coast storm on record.  

Like, did it produce the most cumulative inches of snow. 

The area where that storm produced over a foot of snow is just insane. 

• 2 weeks later...

For fun, a look ahead for SNE from W/E November 14th up until Jan 2 2016. Using some various methods I put together a couple of years ago to try and picture how the atmosphere will evolve. A very generalized and broad look at the rest of the year.

W/E 11/14

The week should feature a way above normal period mainly dry with some minor frontal rains.

+ 5 to +7 for the period

W/E 11/21

The story of this week will be an intense Great Lakes low which will sweep mild and wetter conditions up the coast followed by a very strong frontal passage leading to a briefly colder couple of days +4 to + 6 for the period. gales possible

W/E 11/28

Starting out chilly and stormy transitioning to a mild turkey day, should be pretty dry but with strong radiational cooling +1 to +2

W/E 12/5

A major pattern change evolves with a possible major East Coast storm similar to Dec 2003 except a tad warmer which may cause coastal rains -2 to -3

W/E 12/12

The start of the week could feature a 95 corridor slow moving cold snowstorm which could be stalled and major then a quick transition to another mild period +1, 0

W/E 12/19

A complete relaxation of the pattern with warmer and drier than normal conditions with windy days + 2 + 3

W/E 12/26

A warm week with a large wet storm which could cut or hug the coast, possible Grinch type changing to snow as an Arctic boundary intrudes +2 to +3

W/E 1/2

cold to a warmer week with tranquil conditions with another arctic blast on the doorstep + 2 to +3

so far pretty much as I imagined. Look forward to the next 3 weeks

• 2 weeks later...

For fun, a look ahead for SNE from W/E November 14th up until Jan 2 2016. Using some various methods I put together a couple of years ago to try and picture how the atmosphere will evolve. A very generalized and broad look at the rest of the year.

W/E 11/14

The week should feature a way above normal period mainly dry with some minor frontal rains.

+ 5 to +7 for the period

W/E 11/21

The story of this week will be an intense Great Lakes low which will sweep mild and wetter conditions up the coast followed by a very strong frontal passage leading to a briefly colder couple of days +4 to + 6 for the period. gales possible

W/E 11/28

Starting out chilly and stormy transitioning to a mild turkey day, should be pretty dry but with strong radiational cooling +1 to +2

W/E 12/5

A major pattern change evolves with a possible major East Coast storm similar to Dec 2003 except a tad warmer which may cause coastal rains -2 to -3

W/E 12/12

The start of the week could feature a 95 corridor slow moving cold snowstorm which could be stalled and major then a quick transition to another mild period +1, 0

W/E 12/19

A complete relaxation of the pattern with warmer and drier than normal conditions with windy days + 2 + 3

W/E 12/26

A warm week with a large wet storm which could cut or hug the coast, possible Grinch type changing to snow as an Arctic boundary intrudes +2 to +3

W/E 1/2

cold to a warmer week with tranquil conditions with another arctic blast on the doorstep + 2 to +3

Any updates here?

why would I update, if we bust we move on, can't change in the middle. Obviously first 3 weeks were nailed, lets see what happens from here on out. You told me last year nobody looks at these but yea AIT

I said the poems. I just want to make sure the slow moving cold snowstorm week of the 12th is still coming as I have travel plans.

I said the poems. I just want to make sure the slow moving cold snowstorm week of the 12th is still coming as I have travel plans.

no Kev I read the banter thread from Jan 1 2015 last night when you were busting my chops about calling for a complete pattern flip Jan 20th, calling me a frigidaire, you Ray, Scott and PF all doubted me and said I was wishcasting. I pointed to my 8 week forecast and you said and I quote, "nobody reads those". I made this current forecast Oct 30th, it is what it is, I have never seen you make a forecast for individual weeks or days. Instead of praising the fact I absolutely nailed 3 weeks in advance you choose to mock a possible bust. I get it no problem man. I see where this is going. I will admit my busts and learn from them unlike others. 

no Kev I read the banter thread from Jan 1 2015 last night when you were busting my chops about calling for a complete pattern flip Jan 20th, calling me a frigidaire, you Ray, Scott and PF all doubted me and said I was wishcasting. I pointed to my 8 week forecast and you said and I quote, "nobody reads those". I made this current forecast Oct 30th, it is what it is, I have never seen you make a forecast for individual weeks or days. Instead of praising the fact I absolutely nailed 3 weeks in advance you choose to mock a possible bust. I get it no problem man. I see where this is going. I will admit my busts and learn from them unlike others. 

We all said the pattern was changing, last January. January was actually cold, just no snow until late month. 

Why do you always act like we are out to get you? I simply asked for an update and wanted to make sure your ideas here are still on track. Nothing more, nothing less. The effort you put forth here is appreciated and you have a certain amount of loyal frigidair followers that follow you.

Kev I smell BS a mile away, I have a lot of years and a ton more experience dealing with hundreds of salesman. Thanks for the kudos , I guess , love the PA ending seeing as last year in Dec I called for the Grinch week in the middle of a cold pattern 7 weeks in advance, pretty frigid huh?

We all said the pattern was changing, last January. January was actually cold, just no snow until late month. 

It was all about the snow not the cold, there were bridge jumpers and pig piling in that thread extraordinaire. it was fun with our regular guys then you get the Forky's and All Snows of the world from outside the forum who don't understand the dynamic but it was fun smacking them down.  

It was all about the snow not the cold, there were bridge jumpers and pig piling in that thread extraordinaire. it was fun with our regular guys then you get the Forky's and All Snows of the world from outside the forum who don't understand the dynamic but it was fun smacking them down.  

Well we all joke about the scrolls, your method etc. It did look more active as we headed through January. 

Sure I wasn't f*cking with you?

I mean, you do recall my outlook from last as season, correct?

I had an outlook, and stood by it, but that never stops me from melting and breaking balls.

Ray did have a bit of meltdown mid-January...never officially changed the forecast, but a lot of posts teetering on the edge. He was right there with Scott...teetering on the edge. :lol:

Absolutely.......like the PV, I withstood multiple assaults, elongated, stretched in every which direction, but I reconsolidated, and then I snowed.

Archived