joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4th Annual Fall/Winter Thread for the Mountains/Foothills

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, looks like we'll might have to sit this one out. Just glad someone in the mountains will get some. Maybe a few flurries when we get up in the morning though. I'll take anything I can get in March.

Sit tight Joe! You get some decent NWFS tomorrow and I am betting you see a couple inches late Thursday into Friday morning, we cant take the NAM at face value just yet. I am happy to see an increase in precip though I wish the euro hadn't decreased it.

still looking pretty good I think for even Asheville, Jason on WLOS very conservative, I think Thursday night Friday morning Asheville will see a couple of inches,  I think more than a rain snow mix, think Asheville will get a period of solid snow. 

Yeah positive signs. Also very windy and snow flying this morning.

Same here Met...Good morning to all...Just having a cup of coffee and looking out the slider door this morning and it looks rough out there...Mitchell and the rest of the northern mtn counties on a 2-hr delay this morning...Gonna be a rough bus route this morning and I'm sure the kids in my classes are gonna be pumped about the snow tomorrow night

Same here Met...Good morning to all...Just having a cup of coffee and looking out the slider door this morning and it looks rough out there...Mitchell and the rest of the northern mtn counties on a 2-hr delay this morning...Gonna be a rough bus route this morning and I'm sure the kids in my classes are gonna be pumped about the snow tomorrow night

Nice flurry action here too. Schools delayed.

Ray is going with moderate snow tomorrow night with 2 to 5 for most in the NW mountains. 

Did anyone else notice WLOS's snow totals predictions this morning? Had 6" for Brevard, 4" for Hendersonville. Talk about a flip from the previously conservative stance.

I didn't see it on their website and preggo didn't mention it on the newscast I saw. Where might a man find such valuable information?

I didn't see it on their website and preggo didn't mention it on the newscast I saw. Where might a man find such valuable information?

I saw it on their 6am newscast. Ingrid posted totals through 8am Friday. I didn't catch them all but I saw 5.9" for Brevard and 4" for Hendersonville. I'll see if I can find it.

Why is it that the southern mtns seem to be favored in this setup? What direction is the moisture coming in from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main slug of precip will be moving in from the southwest. It develops on the TN/AL border and then moves east until the low transfers. The northern mountains need a quicker phase to happen and for it to try and go neg tilt as the moisture arrives.

The main slug of precip will be moving in from the southwest. It develops on the TN/AL border and then moves east until the low transfers. The northern mountains need a quicker phase to happen and for it to try and go neg tilt as the moisture arrives.

Okay, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived