joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4th Annual Fall/Winter Thread for the Mountains/Foothills

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that's impressive, not even a dusting in Boone.

In regards to Monday's system, as I've said the last several days, I still feel like this will be a paste bomb for the mtns. I love when everyone jumps ship around the 4 day mark when models are notoriously known to create cliff jumpers. Get your sleds ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the snow guys, got some light snow on HWY 80 Western Mcdowell earlier. Oh and got some very exciting news, the wife and I just left the docs...Its a BOY!!! Couldn't be happier, gunna have me a little partner in crime lol,an hunting buddy.

congrats man, I have all girls, 4.

Its winding down in Franklin with the sun coming out but 2-4 inches around the county.

Stout flow incoming. Check out the Ohio Valley radar. Met said he thought it would be good earlier and I considered it on my map so lets see what happens. Snojoe you ready for a couple more?

Absolutely ! But.... Jason Boyer just said that accumilating snowfall is over and skies should clear overnight !!!!

Light snow now and 23.8 degrees and breezy. Nice day !

Btw...Had about two inches today so far.

Trying very carefully to crawl back up the cliff for monday. The talk of possible thunders now has gotten me a little excited. WBTV, with a grain of salt of course, shows 3-6 for the storm with more the further north you go. I honestly think that unless this somehow goes west of us, that might be a worst case scenario accum. Projection.

i won't be surprised if we stay mostly snow in the mtns. on Monday and Monday night, just don't see the L pressure coming up over the mtns. with the strong cold air that will be present, I think this storm goes south and east of the mtns. and then maybe up I-95

Jason at WLOS just put up a snowfall map for the storm Monday calling for 4 to 8+ in the northern mtns with 3 to 6 elsewhere. Had Asheville in the 1 to 3 range. Pretty brave putting out a map this early. I'll post it as soon as it's up on there web page.

Archived