• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4th Annual Fall/Winter Thread for the Mountains/Foothills

Met1985

Here is the video from Mile marker 11 to Mile marker 4.  6 inches in 6 miles lol.

https://www.facebook.com/1376462082624361/videos/1667459413524625/?l=2047634381882356703

Before I hit play, I saw that your video was roughly 30 seconds long, but you were supposed to have covered 6 miles over that span.  I couldn't figure out how you could drive 720 mph in a snowstorm, much less under normal conditions.  :D

Then, I hit play and saw the sped up video.  Great stuff, by the way.  Thanks for sharing.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It snowed all night. Had to pick up another 2 to 3 inches which would put my total to close to a foot. I'll try to measure later. It's 2.1 degrees with a stiff breeze. Chiily.

Damn Joe! quite the rally from a couple weeks ago. We need to come up with some sort of time share arrangement!!! Happy for all you guys that cashed. From Howard's obs it's sounds like my old house (Ex 21 New Stock Rd) would have been just a hair away from some flow which of course would have drove me batty! Still have my eye on this Monday event.

Damn Joe! quite the rally from a couple weeks ago. We need to come up with some sort of time share arrangement!!! Happy for all you guys that cashed. From Howard's obs it's sounds like my old house (Ex 21 New Stock Rd) would have been just a hair away from some flow which of course would have drove me batty! Still have my eye on this Monday event.

You're right Don. Didn't think it would turn around so dramatically. 

Still have light/mod snow. Wolf ridge is one ridge over from me and you can tell it hasn't let up much. I need to set up a cam.

http://www.resortcams.com/webcams/wolf-ridge-base/

This is at the base. You can imagine what it's like up top.

You're right Don. Didn't think it would turn around so dramatically. 

Still have light/mod snow. Wolf ridge is one ridge over from me and you can tell it hasn't let up much. I need to set up a cam.

http://www.resortcams.com/webcams/wolf-ridge-base/

This is at the base. You can imagine what it's like up top.

Your gonna have to update that snow total! After next week you may be up over 40 inches!

Gonna be honest I'm disappointed in this snow event. I'm on the west central side of ashe and we have at the most a half inch of accumulation, just didn't get the banding going like you guys did. And Mondays system looks dreary at this point.

Dreary? How so? Almost every model has decent frozen precip for you

Archived