joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015/16 Autumn/Winter Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

HillsdaleMIWeather

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pattern isn't bothering me yet. Been kind of nice getting some things done outside still. If it doesn't turn wintry around the 20th and if wintry weather is absent in the short term by then, then I'll have a few words to say. lol

Thank goodness there was a little snow this month, and a lot of snow last month!

I can top that. Pattern is bothering ME that much yet. I have been so busy moving into a new house that I spend the evenings working on that getting ready for christmas. Not to mention working til 530pm mon thru fri it's dark when I get out of work. A weekend November snowstorm was definitely a nice appetizer.

Now all that said, christmas and beyond, I would be very agitated with this current pattern. I'm plenty prepared this won't be an excellent winter like most recent ones, but I need some winter lol.

Both, anything that doesn't push the start of spring to May 1st like the last 2 winters.

Obviously with a good snowstorm already under our belt and a typical warm December, the rest of the winter is a lot of unknown, although consensus is that it will definitely trend colder. As for spring, Ninos are a mix, but there have been quite a few cold springs.

Collectively you could not ask for a worse winter/spring than 1982-83. A redux (which already isnt happening, ie see Nov 21st) would absolutely set this board to crash. Winter was sick. 64F on Christmas. Through March 19th, DTW had accumulated just 9 inches of snow on the season, and had a grand total of 7 days with 1"+ snowcover (6 of the 7 days were 1", the other was 2"). Spring was ushered in with a significant snowstorm, then another snowstorm in mid-late April, and a cold, rainy May. I have a pic of my mom bringing me home from the hospital on May 10, 1983, and the trees (that were in the picture) were still bare, just budded.

Obviously with a good snowstorm already under our belt and a typical warm December, the rest of the winter is a lot of unknown, although consensus is that it will definitely trend colder. As for spring, Ninos are a mix, but there have been quite a few cold springs.

Collectively you could not ask for a worse winter/spring than 1982-83. A redux (which already isnt happening, ie see Nov 21st) would absolutely set this board to crash. Winter was sick. 64F on Christmas. Through March 19th, DTW had accumulated just 9 inches of snow on the season, and had a grand total of 7 days with 1"+ snowcover (6 of the 7 days were 1", the other was 2"). Spring was ushered in with a significant snowstorm, then another snowstorm in mid-late April, and a cold, rainy May. I have a pic of my mom bringing me home from the hospital on May 10, 1983, and the trees (that were in the picture) were still bare, just budded.

I don't know if there is a consensus on it getting colder, until the +AO changes, any cold shots will be subdued. Even with the change to negative in the next few days, it only leads to modest cold shot that is really closer to normal than anything, Until our source region gets colder the cold shots aren't going to be great and will be transient.

Alright fellas! None of you have the right to complain. I haven't seen a real snow flake yet. ^_^

Alright, I won't complain until you've had your first snowstorm (LES or synoptic)! ;)

One thing I did not expect was my allergies to start acting up. Wednesday and Thursday I had a stuffy head/congestion, today was a little better.

Trees still bare in the beginning of May? That's normal here along the Lake Michigan lakeshore! :P

I don't know if there is a consensus on it getting colder, until the +AO changes, any cold shots will be subdued. Even with the change to negative in the next few days, it only leads to modest cold shot that is really closer to normal than anything, Until our source region gets colder the cold shots aren't going to be great and will be transient.

I meant colder than december has been. Not necessarily cold. December is our warmest winter month on average anyway, & the extremes for December warmth are more impressive than Jan or feb. I think it's pretty safe to say that there is consensus that it will get colder than highs in the 40s-50s.

I meant colder than december has been. Not necessarily cold. December is our warmest winter month on average anyway, & the extremes for December warmth are more impressive than Jan or feb. I think it's pretty safe to say that there is consensus that it will get colder than highs in the 40s-50s.

Other than late next week, I don't see much until maybe after Christmas, and even that is at day 14-16, so we are throwing darts by that point.

Just as long as I see some "real" LES action from Dec 27th thru Jan 2nd in Boyne City. I will be happy. Not going to complain after numerous awesome winters since 2003.

Boyne will be open that week almost guaranteed. They will blow snow every night that drops below freezing and have people ski on slush if they have to. The 2 weeks after Christmas probably make or break profitability for the year.

I'd simply fly to where the snow is and not worry about it if I only needed one week all winter. 

I took advantage of the extremely warm December weather to get in one last fishing jaunt of the year. I kept a few 'gills to eat. I also caught around 20 bass in an hour's time.

I used my snowboard to put the fish on. lol

attachicon.gif001.JPG

I use to fish all the time, I definitely miss it.   So how come you only kept the gills?   Bass is good eat'n too!    

Archived