• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015/16 Autumn/Winter Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

HillsdaleMIWeather

Yet many keep ignoring the one huge obvious and thus the affects of climate change on this stuff. See this for a example. http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/46803-two-distinct-influences-of-arctic-warming-on-cold-winters-over-north-america-and-east-asia/

Not saying it will be cold but how many of you screaming warm has even considered that? Be honest?

Just going with what you said is gonna get you in hot water.

Uh ok, but a >2.0˚C anomaly Nino is likely going to have more pronounced effects over a single given winter than that climate forcing. Pretty sure csnavy takes into account CC when he makes his posts, why wouldn't he?

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hoosier, on 09 Oct 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

So when I went out the door this morning, I looked to my left and about 10 feet away was a fox. Wasn't expecting that. I just kinda stood there for a minute. It was blocking the path to my car but then it took off as I started walking.

I see them a few times a year in the city, they have pretty high numbers

Send active weather

Signed active weather fan.

These things have a way of evening themselves out and active weather has to come eventually. Besides, at this latitude/longitude, unless you're a fan of stratiform rains and synoptic wind storms, "typical" active weather this time of year sucks. 

So frankly, I can deal with the boring weather now if it equals out to some nice snowstorms when Winter gets her.

Not ready for the cold yet. I need 1 more month of 60-70s.

/rant

in my perfect world.....we have dry mild until December 18th :santa:  at which point the snow/cold hammer comes crashing down :snowing: ...taking us to groundhogs day at which point we transition to late winter/early spring 2012 redux  :sun:

I've just placed my order, we'll see how that goes

Last couple CFS runs are the torchiest yet for November. It's still outside its more useful range but I think every run so far has had a warmer than average November.

El Nino climo says Nov should be colder than normal.

October has been too cold. And we had snow on the ground this morning. Yuck.

Sent from my XT1563

FWIW, there's never been a cat 5 landfall in Mexico from the Pacific.  The more it strengthens now, the more of a buffer there would be when shear increases or if it undergoes an ERC. 

Yeah that's part of the reason why I think it hits as a Cat 5, there just isn't enough time for it to weak from peak before landfall 00z tomorrow.

Archived