joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Joaquin/ULL inland flooding threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK, is a little NW of GFS with heaviest QPF axis...look out CLT folks. Also, this is only through 72, there is still probably 24 more hours of heavy precip.

Pink is 100-150mm

White is 150-250mm

Black is 250+

For conversion purposes, 10 mm = 1 cm, 2.54 cm = 1 inch. Yes I have an engineering degree lol.

I think you guys are taking model output a little too literal. The setup to me screams something more widespread vs. confined to say CLT south. While you guys may not get the flooding rains you're still likely to get in the 4-6 inches of rain area. Models are just guessing right now where the rain falls. Just like snow storms they can't make exact predictions and often many outside of the area that was supposed to jackpot gets slammed. 

My parents live on Lake Murray on the ballentine side. I live in Irmo next to the Wal Mart in Ballentine and my yard floods easily. I am screwed. I hope my renters insurance includes flood damage, etc...Guess I need to check on that.

Your renters will NOT cover flooding unless you have a rider attached. You'll need actual flood insurance. As someone who saw many neighborhoods destroyed in the Memorial Day Flood in Houston flood insurance can be such a godsend. Dealing with FEMA = Massive Migraines. Good Luck.

I think you guys are taking model output a little too literal. The setup to me screams something more widespread vs. confined to say CLT south. While you guys may not get the flooding rains you're still likely to get in the 4-6 inches of rain area. Models are just guessing right now where the rain falls. Just like snow storms they can't make exact predictions and often many outside of the area that was supposed to jackpot gets slammed. 

This, I think it still comes back North some with the heavier amounts.

I dont think he'll ever whine about another drop again given what the modelling is showing.

You underestimate him, he'll be on here complaining how if it was going to rain 8" and flood it should have met the modeled 12"+ total and been historic. I hope not, but at least one person on this board would probably pull that card.

Your renters will NOT cover flooding unless you have a rider attached. You'll need actual flood insurance. As someone who saw many neighborhoods destroyed in the Memorial Day Flood in Houston flood insurance can be such a godsend. Dealing with FEMA = Massive Migraines. Good Luck.

Yep I just called. Unless the flood is caused by wind or hail I am screwed. Guess I better hope my house doesn't flood or I will be on here pimping my gofundme campaign.

When was the last time this area has even been forecasted to receive so much rain? I know Tropical Storm Jerry dumped a ton of rain on the area in 1995, but I don't know how much was forecasted ahead of time.

I'm wondering when the last time SC was forecasted to get that much rain without a tropical system being involved. Typically you see those kind of rainfall amounts when you have a very slow moving tropical system moving onto land.

Archived