• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October, at the moment peering forward, a wild stormy affair?

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike V redesigned it since that for rid of it on ESRL. Not sure why they discontinued it .

Heh, ...I was kinda hopin' for a link/URL -- can't provide one? 

Yeah, I'd like set the idiot down that green-lighted the discontinuance and ask him/her point blank how the hell their brain generates enough power to get 'em out of bed in morning. 

f moron! 

The reason they gave was that the person that oversaw the product on the web retired, and didn't elaborate much beyond that.  As though, what?   ... what the f are they using to evaluated the system then?!!   Judging by the schit they post half the time, not a shocker that I'm often scratching my head in wonder as to how the hell they think x,y,z THAT is going to happen.  

The quality of NCEP is attenuating.  I know that there are some NWS cats that drop by the forum and may knee-jerk take offense to that, but sorry ... it's true.  I was told that the reason for it is kind of a 'dumbing down' of the user community, where everyone is asking for graphics and not substantive analysis - they want all the conclusions spoon fed so they don't have to "work" -- just rip and read.  Not NCEP's fault; probably a combination of systemic apathy and sloth, and probably some squeeze from financing, too.

I guess it is what it is... But it hinders those that still vest intellectual curiosity and the wonder of discovery and all that jazz.  There's a lot to be gleaned from the unknown, still ...correlated and synthesized as to how the whole of the atmosphere works.  And this modality to cut sophisticated product dissemination to placate a growing "idiocrasy" seems like a detriment to science -- let alone the panache of the operational side of Meteorology.  

Heh, ...I was kinda hopin' for a link/URL -- can't provide one? 

Yeah, I'd like set the idiot down that green-lighted the discontinuance and ask him/her point blank how the hell their brain generates enough power to get 'em out of bed in morning. 

f moron! 

The reason they gave was that the person that oversaw the product on the web retired, and didn't elaborate much beyond that.  As though, what?   ... what the f are they using to evaluated the system then?!!   Judging by the schit they post half the time, not a shocker that I'm often scratching my head in wonder as to how the hell they think x,y,z THAT is going to happen.  

The quality of NCEP is attenuating.  I know that there are some NWS cats that drop by the forum and may knee-jerk take offense to that, but sorry ... it's true.  I was told that the reason for it is kind of a 'dumbing down' of the user community, where everyone is asking for graphics and not substantive analysis - they want all the conclusions spoon fed so they don't have to "work" -- just rip and read.  Not NCEP's fault; probably a combination of systemic apathy and sloth, and probably some squeeze from financing, too.

I guess it is what it is... But it hinders those that still vest intellectual curiosity and the wonder of discovery and all that jazz.  There's a lot to be gleaned from the unknown, still ...correlated and synthesized as to how the whole of the atmosphere works.  And this modality to cut sophisticated product dissemination to placate a growing "idiocrasy" seems like a detriment to science -- let alone the panache of the operational side of Meteorology.  

It's an internal thing, so I can't make the link public unfortunately. 

It's an internal thing, so I can't make the link public unfortunately. 

heh, figured as much.  

It's hard to find free sites anymore... the power of greed in our society never ceases to astound for it's pettiness. Really... if people could charge a penny for a pound of schit they'd fantasize about retiring to a private tropical island with all the amenities of rock-star living, while thinking that their's doesn't stink.  

I love a drippy conspiracy theory like the next paranoid, but it seems these products are free until they are determined to really be useful, ...then you start encountering, 'this web-site has been moved' or 'this web-site no longer exists', purely coincidence?   

I personally found a correlation between winters with certain phase states of the GLAMM wrt to the PNAP pattern over N/A... Wouldn't shock me if energy forecasting sector lobbied to have GLAMM removed from public domain spaces.  nice. muah hahhaha. 

annnywho -

LOL, still a nice cool shot. We don't have to highs of 40F in the hilltowns for mid October.

ORH has had exactly 2 highs of 40F or colder before 10/15...one was 10/10/79 when they had a high of 36F the day of the snowstorm...and the other was 10/8/88 when they had a high of 40F...also a snow event (rain changed to snow and dropped about a half inch).

If you count 10/15 itself, then you could also include 10/15/09...some might recall that was another snow event that started in the evening that day and ended early on the 16th.

So yeah, not a shocker if a cold air advection airmass doesn't produce 40F highs in the first half of October.

Archived