• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October, at the moment peering forward, a wild stormy affair?

Typhoon Tip

Pretty dynamic system. Even some elevated CAPE, so tstms possible. Quite the LLJ ripping in, but some of that will be inverted.

Seems like inversion is fairly weak though ..and if temps get up 65-70 with dews there too...much of that wind may be able to mix down.

I'd expect them to expand advisories to whole region and probably upgrade SE Mass from you south and RI to HWW. Warm SST and warm boundary layer= fun

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like inversion is fairly weak though ..and if temps get up 65-70 with dews there too...much of that wind may be able to mix down.

I'd expect them to expand advisories to whole region and probably upgrade SE Mass from you south and RI to HWW. Warm SST and warm boundary layer= fun

The best LLJ may be ahead of warm front and with SE winds..usually inverted. Convection could mix some of that down. 

Winds already cranking out there..Leaves flying everywhere. Gonna be a fun one tonight

Really?  I've recorded a high "gust" of 5mph so far.

Meh.  Just a lot of rain for the hinterlands methinks.

39.2/36

48F.  Been blowing pretty good since about 8am.

You've mentioned getting good winds during previous SE flow events, so I'm sure this should be fairly breezy in your neck of the woods.

Mountains have a fun forecast:

.TONIGHT...SUMMITS OBSCURED IN CLOUDS. OCCASIONAL RAIN. LOW AROUND 41. SOUTH WINDS 70 TO 85 MPH.

Inversion breaking up was fairly interesting this morning... mid-30s to mid-40s within an hour of the southerly wind mixing down.

Mansfield sitting 31-32F with steady rain and already winds gusting over 60mph out of the ESE.  That's a pretty anomalous direction up there with that speed.  Usually the stronger winds are either due south or even SW, but right now registering a more easterly direction than anything.

Inversion breaking up was fairly interesting this morning... mid-30s to mid-40s within an hour of the southerly wind mixing down.

Mansfield sitting 31-32F with steady rain and already winds gusting over 60mph out of the ESE.  That's a pretty anomalous direction up there with that speed.  Usually the stronger winds are either due south or even SW, but right now registering a more easterly direction than anything.

Remarkable how elevation dictates winds.  Here in Orwell, at elevation 200 feet, winds are calm, non-existent.

Archived