• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
October, at the moment peering forward, a wild stormy affair?

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In any case, the euro ensembles have been trying to steadily increase ridging in NW Canada at the end of the run. One can assume it may lead to more interesting weather towards mid month, but the models haven't been very stable so who knows.

might be a kind of lr war there...

the GEFs derived tele's have, for the 3rd consecutive night, flagged a very strong warming signal.  i mean, record territory dailies and an assumption of operational versions being not warmly ridged out enough in the east, would all be better fits for the american-based indices.  

doesn't make them right, but currently, objectively there is nothing 

might be a kind of lr war there...

the GEFs derived tele's have, for the 3rd consecutive night, flagged a very strong warming signal.  i mean, record territory dailies and an assumption of operational versions being not warmly ridged out enough in the east, would all be better fits for the american-based indices.  

doesn't make them right, but currently, objectively there is nothing 

Yeah the beginning of the month could be warm. That's a big Bering Sea vortex with a SE ridge. 

Did anyone notice that a similar pattern to that which set up last May is plaguing N TX again ...  ?

Excessive/xtreem rain fall totals (some points nearing a foot of water!) along a wedge of lift that seemingly doesn't move, pulsing 50 dbz rain balls endlessly... 

The flooding is likely about to break Press if that has not already happened, one would think.

But anyway, it hearkens to the notion of residence/patterns.  It may be transmitted right through the season of summer, but it's like a base-state pattern from last spring has returned.   When taking into account seasonal lags, in a sense October can be like May sometimes (though September is probably better).   

Not sure what it all means, but I don't think the pattern similarities is a coincidence... 

Did anyone notice that a similar pattern to that which set up last May is plaguing N TX again ...  ?

Excessive/xtreem rain fall totals (some points nearing a foot of water!) along a wedge of lift that seemingly doesn't move, pulsing 50 dbz rain balls endlessly... 

The flooding is likely about to break Press if that has not already happened, one would think.

But anyway, it hearkens to the notion of residence/patterns.  It may be transmitted right through the season of summer, but it's like a base-state pattern from last spring has returned.   When taking into account seasonal lags, in a sense October can be like May sometimes (though September is probably better).   

Not sure what it all means, but I don't think the pattern similarities is a coincidence... 

Winter 2015 redux.

It will be for a few days, but I don't see any cool down to well BN. Perhaps after the first week it cools off more.

Yeah...EPS raises hgts on the west coast and knock down the SE ridge a bit by the end of the run. It's not great...maybe call it less bad?

We've had a couple of nice cold shots already so I'm all for the warmth. Who wants to blow their cold load in early Novie anyways? Save it for Thanksgiving and beyond.

Yeah...EPS raises hgts on the west coast and knock down the SE ridge a bit by the end of the run. It's not great...maybe call it less bad?

We've had a couple of nice cold shots already so I'm all for the warmth. Who wants to blow their cold load in early Novie anyways? Save it for Thanksgiving and beyond.

But but but seasons in seasons.

But why can't it just be cold all the time?  Why does it have to be early Novie or late Novie?  We just need -10C H85s throughout.

Archived